BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2012 3:20 pm  #361

Re: Details game: Where is this picture from?

Tantalus if you play the DVD in your computer (Remember to right click when it starts and select 'Full Screen') and wait for the moment you think would be interesting and 'Print Screen' it and then open 'Paint' under accessories and then 'Paste' you'll have an image of the frame you wanted. You'll just need to crop it down and then upload like BrightBlueEyes stated.

Now, onto a couple of points; 'Print Screen' is achieved by finding the key which says 'prt sc' or 'print screen' on your keyboard. Sometimes it'll require a binding key to be pressed first (Usually the Function key, fn). On my laptop the 'Print Screen' key is the same as the Insert key. I need to hold down 'Function' and then press 'Insert' and I'll take a snapshot of my screen.

Pasting into 'Paint' or any other image manipulation program is easy, once you've started the program you go to the 'Edit' menu and select 'Paste'. Or you can simply hold down 'Control' and 'V' and it will appear on your screen. There is a tool called 'Crop' which you can find by hovering your mouse over the toolbar icons at the top of the screen. Once you have 'Crop' selected find a starting point and hold down your left mouse button. Drag your mouse to the ending point and left go of the mouse button. Copy and create a new image (Don't bother saving when it askes) Paste again and viola! You have your image. Just save it as something (Use the drop down menu and select jpg for format) and upload it to... wherever.

I hope that helps!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 5, 2012 3:33 pm  #362

m0r,

Great instructions. I can do that, EXCEPT that I don't have a DVD player on my laptop. I had one on the previous computer, but don't have one now. I know I can download a player, but I need to take my computer somewhere with internet access faster than my dial-up. I know, I know, I am way out in the sticks. One of the reasons I'm not on here as often as I might would be is that I hate waiting for the slow internet to bring up sites.

However, there is hope for the techno-benighted--I think we may soon join my brother's mobile plan and get smart phones, so we can create a hotspot for our laptop, and do away with landline service. Heck, I might even learn to text...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

December 5, 2012 3:41 pm  #363

Snipping tool works on dvd on the computer ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Fantastic."
Sherlock: "Meretricious."
Lestrade: "And happy new year."

"Oh, but we both know that's not quite true"

December 5, 2012 10:04 pm  #364

Tantalus wrote:

Oh, and seriously, how in the world, tobe, did you find the previous item? Seriously, it is so absolutely a part of the background. I can barely see it even with your big arrow pointing it out. 

Oh, meanwhile I have the feeling that I know 221B better than my own flat ...

Tantalus, of course you were perfectly right:

I'm sure you will be able to post the next detail after all those helpful explanations. We're already looking forward to it!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 6, 2012 5:21 am  #365

Okay, not because I think I'm some hot-shot, or because I think this will be even remotely hard for you amazing detail-observers, or because I even know that it hasn't been used before (I didn't bother to look through all 20-something pages of previous posts)...

...but merely to disprove the old adage that you can't teach an old dog new tricks:

December 6, 2012 5:31 am  #366

Well done, Tantalus!
(ok - it took me under three seconds to find out - but I won't tell right now. I'd like others to join in. Pleeeeease... )

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 6, 2012 1:11 pm  #367

Oh yep Someone else come and plaaayyyyyyyy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 11, 2012 5:44 am  #368

This game has fallen asleep again - what a pity!
BBE - I know that you know the answer - won't you come and solve Tanti's riddle?
Or maybe anyone else? That would be great!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 11, 2012 2:26 pm  #369

Actually, I'm embarrassed to say, I'm not sure of this one.

December 11, 2012 4:43 pm  #370

Wow, BBE, I'm flattered. I thought I was going to be a pushover! : )

tobe, you can go ahead and solve if you like--but I'd love to see some competitive spirit from the rest of you...

December 11, 2012 8:00 pm  #371

I'm just chuffed to have more than us two playing :D

December 11, 2012 10:29 pm  #372

Am I right in assuming that this person is in the same scene as well?

Last edited by tobeornot221b (December 11, 2012 10:38 pm)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 11, 2012 10:36 pm  #373

*head desk*

December 12, 2012 2:43 pm  #374

tobeornot221b wrote:

Am I right in assuming that this person is in the same scene as well?

You don't need me to tell you yes, but maybe the hint will bring forth other players now. 

December 12, 2012 5:06 pm  #375

Tantalus wrote:

You don't need me to tell you yes, but maybe the hint will bring forth other players now. 

That was precisely my intention...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 12, 2012 8:37 pm  #376

And my son and I just watched the episode last night. He likes to make me say "Catch you later" ;)

December 13, 2012 8:00 pm  #377

Nobody?

Alright, here you go. Thank you for the hint 221

December 13, 2012 8:02 pm  #378

Soo.....

How about this one then?

December 13, 2012 11:06 pm  #379

Martin and the lady in the checked shirt actually went to drama school together.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 17, 2012 7:01 pm  #380

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

Soo.....

How about this one then?

Sorry for being late, BBE. It's only now that I could deal with your tricky detail.
Here you are - TGG, 221B:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera