BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2012 10:16 am  #1

The Beatles

The Beatles - my most favourite band in the world! It was my father who influenced me...and it was his father who influenced him. It's a family affair

Beatles fans, please post away

June 15, 2012 10:46 am  #2

Re: The Beatles

jimella wrote:

The Beatles - my most favourite band in the world! It was my father who influenced me...and it was his father who influenced him. It's a family affair

Beatles fans, please post away

Your grandfather? You must be a baby Oh my god I feel so old I remember buying my first Beatles single 45 rpm record Nowhere Man when I was 10 years old

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 15, 2012 10:56 am  #3

Oh no, I am hardly a baby,
Extremely great music transcends all generations, that's for sure!

June 15, 2012 1:29 pm  #4

The first record I ever bought was a Beatles L.P. 'With the Beatles'. I will stress, however, that I was very, very little at the time. Though not too little to know I was a 'Mod' and not a 'Rocker', even though I didn't actually have a clue as to what either of them were. My favourite track, was 'Michelle'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 15, 2012 4:01 pm  #5

Ah, the Fab Four. This is the band I've been a fan of the longest. I remember in school twenty years ago at music class the students could bring their favorite albums of the time and then we'd vote on our favorites. Others brought stuff like New Kids on the Block and "Bartman" from the Simpsons soundtrack. I brought "Let it Be" by The Beatles. It was voted the second. I'd say this is the band that has influenced me the most as a song-writer. It's hard not to be inspired by such songs as "Blackbird", "Long and Winding Road" and "Across the Universe" while you're writing acoustic music yourself. A truly great band, my second favorite of all time. I just love The Beatles.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 15, 2012 4:31 pm  #6

I've been a fans since I was 4th grade.. thanks to my father, because if it wasn't him, I wouldn't know them :D

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

June 15, 2012 9:21 pm  #7

My mother once sat in a bar next to Paul MacCartney. I made this little acoustic Beatle medley a few years ago. It's not very good and was recorded with one or two takes, but if someone would like to hear it, I can give the link to the track. It does include some of my favorite Beatle tunes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 18, 2012 2:05 am  #8

your lucky mom!    yes,  send your link.

This is fun.   Ah, the lads.   Nothing else and no one else like them.   

And as for 'Mod' and 'Rocker' - I so loved the line in  A Hard Day's Night when Ringo
is asked which one he is…   "I'm a Mocker"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEI2UUhVEn4

June 18, 2012 3:30 am  #9

Awww, Dramagod, your mom is a very lucky lady!!
Speaking of favourites...I thought about this for a long time but I finally decided that my favourite albums are Rubber Soul and Abbey Road. As for favorite song, I still haven't decided...too many, haha. But at the moment, I am feeling "Something". Maybe next week, I have a new favorite song.
BTW, Happy birthday to Sir Paul!

June 18, 2012 9:40 am  #10

jenosborn wrote:

your lucky mom!    yes,  send your link.

This is fun.   Ah, the lads.   Nothing else and no one else like them.   

And as for 'Mod' and 'Rocker' - I so loved the line in  A Hard Day's Night when Ringo
is asked which one he is…   "I'm a Mocker"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEI2UUhVEn4

Whenever I watch THIS IS SPINAL TAP (one of my favorites) and this one scene comes it reminds me of that scene you described in A HARD DAY'S NIGHT. In the scene, Nigel Tufnel is playing a new composition of his (called "Lick My Lovepump") on a piano and he's says:

"I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really."

Here's the link to that Beatles medley of mine: http://soundcloud.com/aae-finland/aae-beatles-medley

June 18, 2012 10:29 am  #11

@Dramagod: great medley! We're you doing the lead in all the songs?

June 18, 2012 10:48 am  #12

jimella wrote:

@Dramagod: great medley! We're you doing the lead in all the songs?

Thank you. Yeah it was all me.

June 20, 2012 4:14 am  #13

Hey Dramagod,  Some very nice choices!   What kind of guitar?

I enjoyed your beginning of 'You've Got to Hide Your Love Away' - with the slight variation on the original.  'Across the Universe' was especially lovely.   Your take on 'Two of Us' with the octave duet was nice.  'Blackbird' is one of my favorites too.  Well done!   

And yes,  that scene in Spinal Tap.   Hugely funny. 

June 20, 2012 4:20 am  #14

Yes, the Beatles are my favourite band!

My favourite albums are With The Beatles and Rubber Soul probably, although it really is extremely hard to choose. So many great albums. Yeah, not just great singles but whole albums of awesomeness.

My favourite Beatle is probably Paul...at least, I preferred his solo career the best. Wings! Yay!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 20, 2012 4:28 am  #15

Paul is probably my LEAST liked Beatle.
But that's because I was on John's side throughout their great quarrel.

But that's not to say I don't like him, but I just find him too.....meh.. for me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 20, 2012 10:40 am  #16

jenosborn wrote:

Hey Dramagod,  Some very nice choices!   What kind of guitar?

I enjoyed your beginning of 'You've Got to Hide Your Love Away' - with the slight variation on the original.  'Across the Universe' was especially lovely.   Your take on 'Two of Us' with the octave duet was nice.  'Blackbird' is one of my favorites too.  Well done!   

And yes,  that scene in Spinal Tap.   Hugely funny. 

Than you for your kind words. It's a Yamaha electric-acoustic, I never remember the model but it was something like FGX-421 or something like that. It's a cheap one, but it feels good in my hands, the neck is just right for me.

It's so diffcult to choose a favorite Beatle album because each have so many great memorable songs. But I'd say it's usually one of these. Rubber Soul, Revolver and Sgt.Peppers. My uncle is the biggest Beatlefan and my brother is a fan because of him and I'm because my brother used to play Beatles all the time in the house when I was young.

June 20, 2012 1:44 pm  #17

In the Videos section I have posted a thread for YouTube videos that use The Beatles songs as backing for Sherlock videos. I have managed, I hope, to get one link working. A little pressie for the The Beatles fans on the forum.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 21, 2012 9:39 am  #18

kazza474 wrote:

Paul is probably my LEAST liked Beatle.
But that's because I was on John's side throughout their great quarrel.

But that's not to say I don't like him, but I just find him too.....meh.. for me.

Haha, that really doesn't surprise me in the slightest. You've always struck me as a Lennon type.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 22, 2012 7:59 am  #19

I saw them the first time when I was 11, one of the first concerts I ever attended.  I was hooked when I heard I heard I Wanna Hold Your Hand, and totally went off the deep end when I saw them on Ed Sullivan.

They changed the world.

June 23, 2012 12:43 pm  #20

I really liked the early Beatles stuff.

Board footera