BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2012 3:46 pm  #21

Re: Since I've yet to become 'canonized', how do S&J get their $$$?

Davina wrote:

I think it is safe to assume that bills are some of the unopened correspondence Sherlock pins with a knife to the mantelpiece In the flat. It is easy to imagine his reaction towards bills isn't it.

That's what I do with my bills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 16, 2012 7:32 pm  #22

Thanks for the article link and the currency conversion.  Using kazza's figure of US$471/week, that comes to US$1884/month.  By Boston and New York City standards, that's incredibly cheap for a two-bedroom apartment in a nice location.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 16, 2012 8:03 pm  #23

I think it's a bit cheaper because it's over a cafe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 22, 2012 12:57 pm  #24

I wonder what the flat is actually like inside? Since all the interiors for the show are shot in a studio, it's probably totally different.

.... not that I'd say no to staying there regardless. Not at all.

June 22, 2012 1:14 pm  #25

imane nikko wrote:

I wonder what the flat is actually like inside? Since all the interiors for the show are shot in a studio, it's probably totally different.

.... not that I'd say no to staying there regardless. Not at all.

I will try & find that for you, I know there is a detailed page on this .. somewhere in my many saved links, lol.

Meanwhile :

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 3:13 pm  #26

kazza474 wrote:

I will try & find that for you, I know there is a detailed page on this .. somewhere in my many saved links, lol.

Meanwhile :

Thank you for the set tour video! I've seen it before, but I really really want to live in that space. Can't get enough, really. It was a pleasure to see it again.

Should have known that the internet would already be all over the "what does the real flat look like?" question. Found this on Sherlockology:

http://sherlockology.tumblr.com/post/19209808867/the-real-221b

June 22, 2012 3:21 pm  #27

And look at that!  Sherlock's blanket from aSiP is on the sofa!   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was worth a wound–it was worth many wounds–to know the depth of loyalty and love which lay behind that cold mask. The clear, hard eyes were dimmed for a moment, and the firm lips were shaking. For the one and only time I caught a glimpse of a great heart as well as of a great brain. All my years of humble but single-minded service culminated in that moment of revelation.

June 22, 2012 4:20 pm  #28

I really liked that behind-the-scenes tour of the apartment.  The comments by Moftiss were very interesting, especially how they came up with the look of it and about the violin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

Board footera