BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Latest News » These "series 4 is the last" rumours » May 2, 2018 7:17 pm

Elemental
Replies: 232

Go to post

nakahara wrote:

Script for a new season is ready for months? Really? http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/nerdy.png

Now, that made me extremely curious about its content.... what could it possibly be after TFP? 

I did wonder the same for a while, thinking they had left nowhere to go, and eventually started this thread -> How would your perfect S5 look like? A lot of cool ideas came up, so I'm now more hopeful about an eventual series 5.
 

Fan Fic » Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content* » April 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Elemental
Replies: 2146

Go to post

I read "The burning of the leaves" a while ago too and loved it as well! 

BTW SusiGo, I read "Not the King's Men" and I enjoyed it very much, even though it was so hard to read! Sherlock felt like a completely different person, which I guess was the author's intention all along. 

Latest News » These "series 4 is the last" rumours » April 11, 2018 10:54 am

Elemental
Replies: 232

Go to post

Thanks for compiling those, Susi http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.png


I so want to keep my hopes up. But I prefer to trust what we see on screen (where they actually put their money and reputation on) that some quotes that may or may not have been very thought through before they were said. And what I see is they wrote TFP so they had the choice to cancel the show afterwards, so it's a very distinct possibility. What made it a possibility, whatever it was, must have happened before TFP (and probably the whole S4) was written and filmed. So for me, those quotes make sense in the context of keeping the fandom "warm" for the possibility of another season, as remote or far away in time as it might be, but I wouldn't bet my money on S5 happening based on them. They are really vague.

I don't know if this made a lot of sense. It does in my head, I swear http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

Fan Fic » Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content* » March 8, 2018 10:37 am

Elemental
Replies: 2146

Go to post

I'm taking a plane today so this rec couldn't have come at a better moment, Susi! Thank you so much!

General Sherlock Discussion » The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only) » February 12, 2018 4:34 pm

Elemental
Replies: 7242

Go to post

Hahaha it looks like John is trying to calm Sherlock down, while Sherlocks says something like "but JOHN!", and then proceeds to try and convince him of some crazy idea. Lovely.

General Sherlock Discussion » The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only) » January 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Elemental
Replies: 7242

Go to post

Happy anniversary to our boys! I like to imagine them living all the happy endings that wonderful authors and artists have created for them, in all kind of universes. And thank you Johnlockers around the globe to make this possible and fill my life with joy and fun. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.png

General Sherlock Discussion » How would your perfect S5 look like? » January 24, 2018 9:19 am

Elemental
Replies: 65

Go to post

Hahaha I love how this thread has become "the 221B remodeling thread". http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png


I can imagine how there could be a small room next to John's that's not considered a bedroom because it's small and crowded with old Mrs. Hudson's/Sherlock's stuff.  

And I also can imagine John coming back as Sherlock's boyfriend sharing a bedroom with him from the get-go.

Anyway, where there's a will, there's a way (or an extra bedroom!).

Fan Fic » Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content* » January 18, 2018 1:07 pm

Elemental
Replies: 2146

Go to post

The main one didn't work for me either, I had to use the one that says "Mirrored by Mediafire". Maybe try that one?

Fan Fic » Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content* » January 18, 2018 1:00 pm

Elemental
Replies: 2146

Go to post

Oh, neither of you have read mine! Yay! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png


I can a bit give more details if you want: It's a post-Reichenbach, but it delves a bit more into the time between the Fall and John finding out, following both John and Sherlock separately. Which would have been a turn off for me had I known beforehand, but works surprisingly well because the plot is intriguing and the fic is really well written, and luckily the time they spend separated is not very long.

It alternates between John's and Sherlock's POV, and it's definitely ANGSTY with few little "aww" moments. But, as I said, the writing is beautiful and it has a few interesting plot twists that keep you turning pages at a good pace. Also, the author went through the trouble of creating realistic images of some plot-advancing stuff (emails, John's blog) that look pretty cool.

Let me know what you guys think about it! 

Fan Fic » Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content* » January 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Elemental
Replies: 2146

Go to post

SusiGo wrote:

And here is something for the heart:

If Equal Affection Cannot Be (31158 words) by blueink3
Chapters: 3/3
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Rosamund Mary "Rosie" Watson, Mrs. Hudson (Sherlock Holmes)
Additional Tags: Family, Angst, Reunions, Nothing exists after TLD, Retirementlock, Sussex, Fluff, Sexy Times, Post-Season/Series 04, Sherlock (TV) Season/Series 04 Fix-it, Loneliness, Happy Ending
Summary: 

Sherlock fled London a couple of years after John left him in hospital with nothing but an old walking stick and a half-hearted goodbye. 

Rosie grew up thinking that Sherlock died when he committed suicide in front of her father by jumping from Barts' roof. 

So it's somewhat awkward when they run into each other in a Sussex general store between the loaves of bread and the Mars bars...

Loving the premise already. It's next on my list. 

I just finished the sensation of falling as you hit sleep, which probably all of you have read but for some reason (poor summary, probably) I kept skipping. I looooved it despite the angsty angst. 
 

General Sherlock Discussion » How would your perfect S5 look like? » January 18, 2018 10:56 am

Elemental
Replies: 65

Go to post

kgreen20 wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

I see your point about John's violence. But I don't necessarily need to see a "reason" for that, but backstory in general. There are many fanfics author that assumes John's parents (or at least his father) was abusive, and they say it's implied in his official blog. I am not sure what they base that on, but it would be interesting to learn more about his parents anyhow.

I am myself a bit weary of drama involving Rosie. It would just be too cliche if someone kidnapped or threatened her. Then again, I guess that can be done if it's written well.

But, yes, I agree with  John being the one who ought to be in danger now. Not because someone wants to get to Sherlock, but someone actually targetting him. Or, the other way around, Sherlock being in real danger (not danger he has acted and planted, but something unforeseen) and John actually making a proper effort and being a proper friend and hero to save him.

I think I have read too many fanfics... http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/tongue.png

I'll go with John being targeted personally.  By someone from his past seeking revenge against him, or an evil psychopath like Culverton Smith who targets him.  Perhaps both.
 

kgreen20: I love the idea of John being targeted for someone from his past. We would be able to know a bit more of his backstory and it would be cool that he being in danger wasn't just a consequence of being Sherlock's friend. The only problem with that would be, for me, going back to the dynamics of "save John Watson", which I think has been over-exploited for the last two seasons.

TEH: The bonfire.
TSoT: It's all about how Sherlock Loves John and will protect him forever.
HLV: Saving Mary so he can save John. Thinking about what's best for John.
TST: Searching for Mary so he can help her and help John.
TLD: Saving John Watson from himself.
TLP: Saving John from Eurus.

In that sense, I'm with Vhanja and would very much like to see John savin

Fan Fic » Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content* » December 31, 2017 6:03 pm

Elemental
Replies: 2146

Go to post

I just finished it and it was delicious! By the way, "Good times" should be a standard tag for Mary-free Johnlock fics. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png


Happy New Year, Johnlockers! In some parallel universe, Sherlock and John are getting all dressed up to impress each other and will finally kiss at midnight. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.png
http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.png

Fan Fic » Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content* » December 29, 2017 5:04 pm

Elemental
Replies: 2146

Go to post

I'm reading it now (I'm at around 60%) and it's very entertaining and intriguing. Thanks for the rec.

Fan Fic » Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content* » December 23, 2017 8:29 am

Elemental
Replies: 2146

Go to post

Vhanja wrote:

Hm, I can't remember what you've read before. You've read the Grace-series, I assume? 

Then there is the long Scotland-series ( http://archiveofourown.org/series/232869 ). I've only read the first fic of that series, but absolutely loved it. I've been following and saving the other two fics for a rainy day. (Which reminds me, should read them soon!)

No, the Grace series doesn't sound familiar, and I haven't read the Scotland series, so THANK YOU!!! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.png
 

Fan Fic » Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content* » December 21, 2017 11:33 am

Elemental
Replies: 2146

Go to post

Thank you! Yeah, I'm excited about it although I'm still cautious about the outcome because it's so soon.

I know I'm always re-recommending fics everybody has read already, but they're so good I can't help it! SusiGo, you're right, it's just perfect. BTW I bookmarked the Christmas fic you recommended, thanks.

Vhanja: I usually prefer long-form fics, because I read them too fast http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png
 Apart from that, I read very different stuff, AUs, angst, fluff... Except for omegaverse, that has never interested me, I'm willing to try pretty much everything.  

Fan Fic » Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content* » December 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Elemental
Replies: 2146

Go to post

I've been wanting to rec this one for a while already -> Ink your name across my heart, by my adored prettyvk (58019 words).

It's kind of a Memento AU, with Sherlock having anterograde amnesia and forgetting everything after the damage every time he goes to sleep.

(I wanted to link it properly, but for some reason, there's no "share" button, I'm sorry).

At first, I was put off by the amnesia thing, because I'm not a huge fan of hurt-comfort. But the story is so well told and structured, with real narrative tension, some angst, and some adorable amnesia-fluff. And it has really cute, fluffy epilogues, one of them with beekeeper!Sherlock.
 
I read it in a couple of days and it's already one of my favorites. 

On a totally unrelated note, I'm pregnant! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.png
Almost nobody in my real life knows yet, but I'm excited and I wanted to share it here. I welcome fic recs as pregnancy gifts (especially because I need to take my mind out of the worries about everything that could go wrong!). 

General Sherlock Discussion » How would your perfect S5 look like? » December 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Elemental
Replies: 65

Go to post

Vhanja wrote:

Yes, I would love to see Moriarty again. It was only when he "returned" in TFP that I realised how much I had missed him. However, I don't really want him to go "Haha, not dead after all" nor do I want him included in many more after-death plots. Both are a bit too cliche if it's done too often. And there aren't really room for many more flashbacks either, seeing as there aren't any scenes between Sherlock and Moriarty we haven't already seen. 

So not sure how they could do it and do it well. But would still love to see more Moriarty.

Yeah, it wasn't until during those few seconds in TFP that I realized how OK I was with Moriarty coming back from the dead. After HLV, I was like "oh, come on, Moriarty again? Think about something better!". But then the "better" came in TST and TLD and I realized that it's better the devil you know. 

I think what would be tiring for me would be seeing him as his usual, Sherlock-obsessed self. I would like some development for his character as well, and something interesting could be him actually losing interest in Sherlock, as in Sherlock has to chase him or call his attention in some way.

The idea of Moriarty moving on to something bigger and ignoring Sherlock for years was actually done in a fic I read a while ago (I won't say which one so I don't spoil it for you guys, but you're welcome to ask via PM, it's a fantastic fic) and I think it worked pretty well. 

I personally wouldn't care too much for Moriarty as a figure from Sherlock's imagination. I think he's more interesting as a complex, alive villain, and it goes more in the plot-heavy, reality-focused direction that I'd like the show to take.  

General Sherlock Discussion » How would your perfect S5 look like? » December 8, 2017 9:29 am

Elemental
Replies: 65

Go to post

SusiGo: glad you like the idea! Yeah, I'm with you in the no more lonely Sherlock team. No more angst, at least not between them! 

And do you mean Greg with Molly? That would be really cute.

Vhanja: the fantasy one! Indulge in your craziest wishes and theories! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png
 I love the idea of getting more backstory on Sherlock and Mycroft's relationship.
 

General Sherlock Discussion » How would your perfect S5 look like? » December 7, 2017 1:50 pm

Elemental
Replies: 65

Go to post

Okay, so the other day I wrote in another thread that I wasn't able to imagine what S5 could be about to get me really excited, more than "OMG-it's-Sherlock-I-don't-care-I'd-watch-a-5-hour-clip-of-him-doing-his-taxes". After TFP, I was having trouble actually visualizing how they could pick up the pace again when the big overarching questions have already been answered and the most important ACD stories have been filmed.

So, purely out of curiosity, I thought of launching the question here: how would a hypothetical S5 look for you so it would get you reaaaally excited and eager to watch it?

Detailed plots and crazy wish fulfillment are more than welcome. Let's imagine they air it maybe 4-5 years down the road, although if your ideal S5 happens in Sussex while they take care of bees, please get crazy.

(I don't intend to start a discussion about what would be plausible, theories or what should we expect if they eventually do it. I'm just curious about what would make each of you personally excited. Let's keep it light and fun!)

After thinking it through, I personally would bring Moriarty back. After TRF he wasn't really dead, but he was just not interested in Sherlock anymore, so he let Eurus do her little silly little game while all these years he's been focused on something more important, like hacking Bitcoin or creating evil AI, something that would allow him to rule the world and enslave Humanity.

So for once, he's not looking for Sherlock, but it happens the other way round: Sherlock casually stumbles upon something that "smells" like him, he starts investigating and he finds himself fighting Moriarty again (yay Andrew Scott!).

I'd love to see three REALLY SMART CASES through that overarching plot, S1&2 style. Like, really, really smart, more focused on the plot and mysteries than special effects or cheap jokes. 

I'm a Johnlocker, so of course, there would be some looove in it too. Nothing too obvious, though, maybe even an established rel

Latest News » These "series 4 is the last" rumours » December 7, 2017 9:07 am

Elemental
Replies: 232

Go to post

kgreen20 wrote:

Well, if they're going to wait until Cumberbatch and Freeman are old and gray, they may as well just go ahead and announce the show's permanent cancellation, and have done with it.  No use in even planning to bring out a 5th season sometime in the future, if we'll all going to be in our rocking chairs and leaning on canes, if not dead, by the time it's ever made.

However, Moffat and Gatiss haven't announced the show's cancellation yet.  And as long as they don't, there's a chance that there will be a Season 5.
 

Yeah, I also think that if the only plan is to wait twenty years until B&M clear their schedules, it would be more honest to announce the cancellation, so if they are not doing that yet, maybe there's a small possibility that we will have it earlier.  

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum