BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

General Sherlock Discussion » I can’t believe what Moffat says anymore » August 22, 2014 12:36 pm

anjaH_alias
Replies: 198

Go to post

I don´t believe that he brings Moriarty back. There is no proof yet. So again, where´s a lie? http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

General Sherlock Discussion » I can’t believe what Moffat says anymore » August 20, 2014 12:48 pm

anjaH_alias
Replies: 198

Go to post

tonnaree wrote:

anjaH_alias wrote:

Me, too. And I believe him, because I haven´t seen any lie yet. The faked scenes before series 3 are just a joke for me, not lies. I don´t believe that Moriarty is back. Something else must go on, maybe a new supervillain (brother or not) or part of a lecture e.g., which Mycroft gave to his brother: "Have you learned your lesson?" he is asking him while calling him back in the end. For him it would be easy to manipulate film material and TV stations.

 
Oh, Moffit lies.  But that doesn't mean he doesn't love us.  http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

Give me an example for a lie, please....
For the rest: http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

 

General Sherlock Discussion » I can’t believe what Moffat says anymore » August 20, 2014 12:47 pm

anjaH_alias
Replies: 198

Go to post

Germansherlockfan wrote:

I don´t really know if Moftiss have lied about the show before, but I do think that they have an exact vision of how everything will play out and come together and how and in what way the characters will develop in the future and I truly believe that they had this vision even before season 3. Sherlock had been an international phenomen already after season 2 and they had to know that it would be likely to be asked to make at least two or three more seasons, so I think they know exactly in which direction the show is going and what is going to happen with its main characters at least in season 4, even so the scripts aren´t written yet.

I absolutely agree!
 

General Sherlock Discussion » I can’t believe what Moffat says anymore » August 20, 2014 11:11 am

anjaH_alias
Replies: 198

Go to post

Me, too. And I believe him, because I haven´t seen any lie yet. The faked scenes before series 3 are just a joke for me, not lies. I don´t believe that Moriarty is back. Something else must go on, maybe a new supervillain (brother or not) or part of a lecture e.g., which Mycroft gave to his brother: "Have you learned your lesson?" he is asking him while calling him back in the end. For him it would be easy to manipulate film material and TV stations.

Other Cast & Production Team » Think before tweeting, or Amanda Abbington on Twitter » July 2, 2014 12:50 pm

anjaH_alias
Replies: 56

Go to post

So, my five cents now: First - of course I was no witness of the whole incident. But: If I imagine it was me sitting in the car with my son and something like that happened to me, I´d found quite stronger words for that person, no matter, if old or young, Turkish, Polish or German, homo- or heterosexual or whatever. And of course I wouldn´t apply for the nobel prize for political correctness in such a moment.
I am not so much into twitter - just following, not acting on that platform -, but why not expressing feelings there? Even as a VIP? Nobody knows whether tweeting was the first she did (maybe she called the police, maybe she was talking with friends first), but actually I also don´t care. The other person was careless, unresponsible, risking several lives.
And also, I like the way she is on twitter - sometimes emotional, sometimes to the purpose, sometimes polite, sometimes a little rude, but always warm-hearted and with humour. Just very human and grounded. So it seems to be and I have no reason to doubt about that. And I don´t have to weigh her words, especially not in snap-shots.
 

His Last Vow » I don't think Moriarty is alive » June 30, 2014 10:17 am

anjaH_alias
Replies: 39

Go to post

Just a simple question: Then nobody of Mycroft´s people noticed that there wasn´t a dead body on the rooftop? Or they purposely left it there? I think the fact that nobody e.g. mentioned the body afterwards (and how they got rid of it) is a kind of proof that Moriarty is really dead. Don´t you think that Mycroft had said a word to his brother if the body had been missing? Moriarty is surely not back.

Series Four Suggestions & Ideas » " Not sure...but possible ! " theory: The 3th Holmes in series 4...? » June 30, 2014 9:55 am

anjaH_alias
Replies: 12

Go to post

RedKitten wrote:

In orginal canon, Holmes mentions that he is decended from "country squires". In the 19th century and earlier, squires would own a manor house and the land on which the town around it was situated. The squire was responsible for the management of the town.
William Baring-Gould, who wrote the Sherlock Holmes biography, speculated that there must have been a brother older than Mycroft who had inherited the family's country seat.
So the idea of a third brother (or sibling) is semi-canonical, if one wants to accept Baring-Gould's ideas as part of canon. Since Moffat and Gatiss borrowed Sherlock's full name from the Baring-Gould biography, I assume they are borrowing the idea of a third sibling also although it remains to be seen if the above quoted line leads to the addition of a new character or was simply a throw-away line.

I assume the same. I think it´s a simple nod - like so many others - to Baring-Gould´s theory/biography and I doubt that the sibling (if so) plays physically a role one day.
 

The Empty Hearse » Sherlock's explanation » June 10, 2014 12:16 pm

anjaH_alias
Replies: 22

Go to post

Marta wrote:

But if they knew exactly what Moriarty's plans were, why did they let all of this happen? Why didn't they killed Jim when they got all information from him, why didn't they come up with other scenarios, what about the meaning of the key code (did Mycroft know? For how long?), the warning about the killers, what about like half of the episode?
If anyone read a meta when The Reichenbach Fall was explained in the light of facts from The Empty Hearse, please tell me, I'd like to read it.  

I'm OK with an explanation that Mycroft didn't know about the consequences when he told Moriarty about Sherlock's life. Sherlock said Mycroft is never wrong but he's only human, he makes mistakes. And they needed information from Jim. Common good is very important to Mycroft.

They didn´t know exactly what Moriarty has planned. They had 13 possible scenarios in their heads  and for each scenario another solution. The only thing they knew definetely was that Sherlock has to get burned first (aka destroy his name) and then die. This they knew since TGG.
And of course Mycroft knew and worked together with Sherlock! Yes, he is human, but betraying his little brother? Never. It´s also ACD canon: here Mycroft was his only confident and both brothers tried to get the spider (Moriarty) out of its web. Together and in advance.
 

The Empty Hearse » John did have a point » June 6, 2014 12:03 pm

anjaH_alias
Replies: 28

Go to post

I disagree here - for me the tears were always real. But, real or not, he knew that it could be possible that he had to be convincingly dead for the outer world (not necessarily for Moriarty, and not neccesarily so for John - but if John is convinced he is dead the rest will be this as well).

The Empty Hearse » John did have a point » June 6, 2014 11:56 am

anjaH_alias
Replies: 28

Go to post

It was one of 13 possible scenarios. He knew that Moriarty wanted to see him dead. But he didn´t know how this could possibly happen. It was only one plan to prove that he really died. And not only prove that to Moriarty himself - he possibly had to prove that to others. That´s what he considered in advance.

The Empty Hearse » Sherlock's explanation » June 6, 2014 11:49 am

anjaH_alias
Replies: 22

Go to post

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I originally hated TEH because of this moment, but it has slowly grown on me. Now, I actually quite like the idea that we are left with a slightly ambiguous explanation, that we can choose whether to believe or not. It means I can still quite happily believe my own theory was correct.  

 Exactly :-). I love TEH and also think meanwhile that series 3 is my favourite one. I needed some time for this, because after waiting for such a long time everything had to be disappointing at first. Now, after a break of watching the films and rewatching them recently, I can see more "neutrally" how well done each episode is. Little jewels they are....

The Empty Hearse » Sherlock's explanation » June 6, 2014 11:41 am

anjaH_alias
Replies: 22

Go to post

Yes, I agree with that. He told it to Anderson - mind palace or not -, because he is "the fans". So he is telling "us" how he did it. He is telling it at a moment in which we are supposed to think death is coming soon (truth in death). It is surrounded by the original fall music. Everything points to that explanation as the true explanation. But Moffat and Gatiss make it a little bit more difficult: We don´t have to believe that if we don´t want. Another joke.
And John doesn´t get the explanation in TEH because of another reference (told in the interview with Gatiss and Moffat). Very Sherlock-like. I am absolutely satisfied with that.
And, btw: One director tells us on DVD that this is the point "where we explain how Sherlock did it" or so. For the makers it´s the true explanation obviously. And I am sure that this was the scene which they have shot already at the end of series 2. All the other theories and the talk with Anderson they had to do at the beginning of shooting series 3 weren´t planned. It´s the referential result of the web discussions of the fans during the years in between.

Character Analysis » My thoughts about Mary (all episodes) » June 6, 2014 11:00 am

anjaH_alias
Replies: 2031

Go to post

the_dancing_woman wrote:

I don't think Mary was in cahoots with CAM.
 I'm a bit uncomfortable with this tendency of turning her into the utter villain. I don't think she is, and I really hope I'm right there. I also think her love for John is genuine.
 

I absolutely agree with you. Again I think the hiatus is making things more complicated then they are. Mary is for me like she was shown on screen: she has started a new life, doesn´t want anybody to know about her past; she is indeed loving John; she absolutely likes Sherlock and he likes her (despite the desperate shot). Everything what turned out to be the truth about her was already hinted at in the first two episodes. She was too good to be true at first and purposely a bit boring. And now we know as much as we are supposed to know for the moment, and this is exactly the same like John knows. There is no secret anymore for me at the moment towards her person, and, more important, I can´t see any hidden hints pointing towards her future.
I think canonwise they have to get rid of her somewhen in the future, sooner or later, whatever comes to their mind in the next years. But for the time in between I really appreciate her as a figure. I find the love story between John and Mary very touching, and I love John´s Christmas reaction to her after months of thinking about her lying to him. I love that he never read what´s on the stick. And I also like the relationship between her and Sherlock and think there´s nothing wrong with it in the "Sherlock" universe. Maybe I am the only person here http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png
....
 

His Last Vow » The restaurant scene » March 24, 2014 11:20 am

anjaH_alias
Replies: 34

Go to post

Hm, I thought here he turns it up to demonstrate CAM how addictive he is?

Meet The Members » Whatever happened to...? » March 7, 2014 12:52 pm

anjaH_alias
Replies: 130

Go to post

SusiGo wrote:

So, I thought about some names I have missed during the last weeks or months. Or people that used to post a lot. So when you are still out there and want to say hello, you are welcome: http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png


SilverMoonDragonB
CrazyBBCAmerican
Silverblaze
Anja_alias

I am sure there are more. 

 

Hi Susi, I am still here, how nice that you ask! I am probably not a reliable forum writer (unlike being a forum reader, in that point I am quite well http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png
)! It´s always like that with me, I have phases, e.g. sometimes a lot to do in my three jobs, so that I feel too weak to write anything. Also I was in Italy for a couple of weeks (in a very small village with nearly no internet reception http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png
). But be aware, I never lost contact :-), I was reading a lot here in the last weeks. And I am sure that very soon I am going to write something again....

Edit: Obviously I did already!

His Last Vow » Was Cam Sherlock's First Kill? » January 24, 2014 1:20 pm

anjaH_alias
Replies: 18

Go to post

We saw him later at the plane . No, he didn´t die.

His Last Vow » Would Moriarty coming back be a good thing? [Vote here] » January 21, 2014 3:20 pm

anjaH_alias
Replies: 36

Go to post

krusta80 wrote:

I also want him to come back, and I think that the very last clip we see (about a minute into the credits sequence) indicates that it's more than just a poorly-manipulated image of him.  I could not be more excited.

Language question: This last "Miss me" is not pronounced like a question, and it´s not "did you miss me?" So isn´t "miss me" more like an order or wish (like "Do it! Miss me!" or "I hope you miss me!")? I don´t know how to explain that, but to me it seems that the very last "miss me" implies that we don´t see him again (like "miss me, I won´t come back"). Or am I totally wrong with that?

Series Three Reviews » Least favourable fan review of S3 I've read so far... » January 21, 2014 9:05 am

anjaH_alias
Replies: 116

Go to post

MysteriaSleuthbedder wrote:

Moffat said:

"There is a clue everybody's missed," he says tantalizingly. "So many people theorising about Sherlock's death online – and they missed it! We've worked out how Sherlock survives, and actually shot part of what really happened. It all makes sense."

Then why did they bash and ridicule the fandom?   It's not like it's an accident Lestrade says the explanations are stupid.  Or those actors in Anderson's flat are dressed as they are.  Or that the lead Reichenbach theorist isn't presented as having a mental breakdown.  Moffat in particular made a big deal in interviews of how clever his explanation was going to be.  But he didn't count on the fact that he isn't the only clever obsessed fanboy out there.  A whole lot of smart people who like puzzles would be watching.  This isn't Dr Who where he can just pull an explanation out of thin air an attribute it to Time Lordism - Sherlock is supposed to be believable. 

He learned his lesson.  He gave us His Last Vow which is pretty tightly constructed.

It's fine if you want to go wth their new version of reality - (Oh, it doesn't matter...).  What's not fine is fan on fan bashing because some of us are crying foul and pointing out just how naked the emporer is.
 

First of all: You quoted here the "missing clue" sentence - nothing with roof. Again: The missing clue was that nobody (or at least nobody of whom they have read) mentioned that TRF was a plan of Sherlock and Mycroft from the beginning on. Moffat said that sentence a few days after TRF was aired, so not many theories about that were out at that time, people were more or less obsessed with the fall itself.
And this was mentioned in TEH. It all makes sense imo. Also because most of the shown solution covers what I thought before. So, why should I complain?
I am really wondering about your emotional statements. How can one be so personally attached, so full of - yes, hatred wit

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum