BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 4, 2012 4:35 am  #1

A ersatz script to tide us over!

I was on the PBS site (the American network that brings us all Good Things British) and was scanning the After the Fall discussion.*

One poster has given a very thoughtful analysis THEN goes on to essentially post a What If? Script.  I think she did a very good job and I was picturing the "action" in my mind and enjoying it!  Take a look!

I hope this link will take you to the page as I've sorted it.  If so, the Newest First will be showing.  I'd not, directly under the text box which is directly under the pic of Sherlock and Moriarity, click the drop down menu and choose Newest First.

Scroll down a couple of entries to the post by Barbara L. Devereaux.  It's lengthy and the "script" is a ways down in the post.

I'm interested if anyone agrees that it's pretty damn good!

* PBS is the Public Broadcasting System.  It offers much in the arts, and it's where we get a lot of the British classics.  PBS brings us Downton Abbey, Agatha Christie's Poirot, etc.  We'd be even more clueless if we didn't have PBS.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/sherlock/season2_fall.html

June 4, 2012 7:35 am  #2

Re: A ersatz script to tide us over!

Thanks for this Maren, the link works and takes you to the first comment. I'll have fun reading them!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 4, 2012 11:54 am  #3

While reading the comments on the PBS site, I have noticed the name of Craig Parkinson (British actor, born Blackpool) being suggested in the role of Moran in series 3. I don't know how quickly these things are done, but would the role have been cast already?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Parkinson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 4, 2012 2:16 pm  #4

Have they even decided if there IS going to be a Moran character?  If so, they've known for quite a while that there's going to be a Series 3, so it's possible, I guess.

That forum was where I "hung out" until I found you guys.  It's primarily just a place where people can post their theories and thoughts on Fall, with very little back and forth as you'll note.  Plus, it's dedicated to THIS Sherlock, not as many hard-core experts on Everything Sherlock as here. It's my guess that after the hullabaloo dies down, it'll pretty much wither away.

June 4, 2012 2:35 pm  #5

Welcome to the forum Maren and thank you for posting the link. I found it rather curious that a relatively little known British actor was being suggested for the role on a US forum. There is likely to be a Moran character as it seems Mark Gatiss has confirmed that The Empty House is the basis of the next episode. (BTW I recently watched the Jeremy Brett version of this on youtube and thoroughly enjoyed it.) I was hoping that someone else had either 'heard something' or could utterly refute the claim.

June 5, 2012 10:30 pm  #6

I  just found it and  read it!!!   Man  that was brilliant!!!   Yeah  I  have seen the jeremy brett version of the empty house  and loved it.  I  haven't heard anything abt them casting the moran character,  and I'm constantly on FB  where I get news of all my fav shows.  the thing was written 3 days ago,  june 2nd,  for those who have trouble finding it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera