BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 19, 2013 9:52 am  #1

Sherlock - Sartorial Sleuth

I love old BC in these new Sherlocks but I love his wardrobe girl even more. He's always impeccably dressed and oozes style. I particualry like his Belstaff coat and would really love to get my hands on one. Unfortunately they're a little out of my price range (and also no longer made) so have been looking for an alternative. I've already got myself a replica of his watch from series one and It was quite a reasonable price, for a luxury watch at least. I originally found it at http://www.chrono24.com/   and It's beautiful. Will keep looking out for replica coat. Perhaps we could discuss his style a little further and post our own suggestions.

img courtesy of Sherlockology

Last edited by detectiveolson (September 20, 2013 12:28 pm)

September 19, 2013 10:06 am  #2

Re: Sherlock - Sartorial Sleuth

Hello! Yes, his clothes and style are awesome.

You can pick up replica coats online for between £100-£160. If possible, go for the slightly higher priced ones. The first one I got was £99 and I really didn't like it. The second one I got was £150 and it's beautiful and I love it.

I got it off eBay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 19, 2013 10:09 am  #3

have been keeping my eye on a few things on ebay. Is there a particular brand I'm looking for?

September 20, 2013 7:36 am  #4

I found this image (loving the replacment BC) – think I might give one of these a try. I can only seem to find it in the USA though but I suppose shipping wouldn't be too expensive. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Sherlock-Holmes-Cape-Coat-Custom-Made-/00/s/MTAwMFgxMDAw/z/RCkAAOxyJU1SLqHx/$%28KGrHqFHJBsFInKS9zKZBSLqH%29hoMw~~60_57.JPG[/img]

September 20, 2013 10:23 pm  #5

Boss would you be able to give the supplier of the decent one you got off e.bay so that folk don't waste their money on the rubbishy ones?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 13, 2014 6:13 am  #6

Very good to see, thank you sharing this.

September 9, 2020 6:37 pm  #7

You know, I'd be curious to know where Sherlock purchases his suits!  A tailor on Savile Row, perhaps?

September 12, 2020 4:37 pm  #8

I can only imagine it's somewhere pricey and high quality.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera