BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 12, 2013 1:55 pm  #41

Re: Guest Actors and Characters for Series 3

A lovely woman for the role of Mary Morstan, no matter who. Just someone who helps John through the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 12, 2013 7:04 pm  #42

Mary Me wrote:

A lovely woman for the role of Mary Morstan, no matter who. Just someone who helps John through the darkness.

Isn't it wierd that Mary hasn't showed up by now, though? :o In the canon, she was engaged to John way before Sherlock 'died'?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 12, 2013 7:30 pm  #43

I know, and then she died during Sherlocks absence. Really strange, but I'm sure the producers had their reasons.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 12, 2013 9:33 pm  #44

Yeah, they're probably plotting something better At first I thought Sarah was Mary, but then of course they started calling her 'Sarah'.

Oh, and I totally agree with Maggie Smith as a guest star! That would be awesome, she's hilarious. It would be funny to have Hugh Laurie in there too, since 'House M.D.' was based on Holmes' character

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

February 6, 2013 6:54 pm  #45

I would like to see the following secondary canon characters in series 3

Verner, the distant relation of Sherlock

Agatha, his 'fiancee'

Victor Trevor, his sole college mate

John Mcmurdo, his character is just thrilling, but not sure how can he be incorporated

February 6, 2013 11:55 pm  #46

Pretty interested to see Maggie Smith for the next episode...

Last edited by kyubiie (February 9, 2013 12:34 am)

March 14, 2013 7:04 am  #47

I know who I would really, really like to be in series 3 but I don't think it's going to be...because he's off to Canada to make some little movie.   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 14, 2013 11:47 am  #48

I like that Andrew Scott was somebody nobody was aware of. And he was great, particularly because he was 1. not the typical villian an 2. an actor without a big name.
It would be nice if other "unknown" actors got a chance to play an important character and were great.

March 14, 2013 12:46 pm  #49

I have impossible wishes. Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, David Tennant, Matt Smith. Basically my favorite people.

March 14, 2013 3:09 pm  #50

NW16XE wrote:

As any villain:

Oh god. Yes!
Though I've got to tell you I don't think I could live through see Cumberbatch and Depp in the same show at the same time. I'd probably have an or-   no, I mean heart attack and die with a nasty grin on my face!

Last edited by crazybbcamerican (March 14, 2013 3:11 pm)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

March 16, 2013 8:37 pm  #51

Ah...my hopes are still alive because my actor has not yet left the UK for filming and is, in fact, still in London at the moment. Hope springs eternal. When I say 'my actor' that is not in any proprietary sense (unfortunately). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 16, 2013 8:41 pm  #52

'My actor'. Sweet imagination 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 16, 2013 8:48 pm  #53

I know! Sigh. 

March 18, 2013 2:34 pm  #54

I would love to see Alan Rickman as the villain

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

August 29, 2013 11:47 pm  #55

David Burke, Roger Moore, Christopher Lee, Patrick Macnee, Ross K. Foad & Mike Archer, James D'Arcy, Roger Morlidge, John Cleese, to name a few

August 29, 2013 11:49 pm  #56

I would love to see Richard Armitage. He can play nice guys, broody guys and bad guys

And he's very easy on the eye...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 30, 2013 1:18 am  #57

I am on the Paul Bettany bandwagon! Or Eddie Izzard. He played a wonderful John Silver in Treasure Island. I would also love to see Alexander Vlahos! :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Listen - what I said before, John? I meant it. I don't have friends. I've just got one."

Board footera