BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2012 1:59 pm  #1

Everything we need to know about Andrew Scott interviews and work

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 10, 2012 5:03 pm  #2

Re: Everything we need to know about Andrew Scott interviews and work

That scene made me confused for a second to O.o
Andrew scott is really an unique actor, he fits the role so good!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 13, 2012 12:56 pm  #3

Did he have you going there for a minute?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 17, 2012 12:16 am  #4

There is a whole page on Tumblr called "We believe in Richard Brook" - it's hilarious.

February 29, 2012 10:17 pm  #5

Andrew Scott will be appearing on the BBC programme 'The Fuse' this Spring. No exact dates yet but will let you know when I find out.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 29, 2012 10:23 pm  #6

Cool. Thank God there's plenty to keep us going till Series 3.

March 14, 2012 10:06 pm  #7

Andrew Scott is currently recording the role of Stephen Dedalus in James Joyce's Ulysees for BBC Radio 4. This will be broadcast in June 2012.

March 25, 2012 6:13 am  #8

Andrew Scott will be in BBC Radio 4s production of Ulysees on June 6th 2012. This production runs true to the original story which takes place over a day in the life of the protagonists. The play starts at 8am and is in several episodes throughout the day, finishing at midnight.

May 1, 2012 9:28 pm  #9

BBC Radio 4 Classic Serial

Episode 1 is on Sunday May 6 at 3.00pm.

Also
I may be mistaken, but I'm sure I heard Jenny Agutter say that Phil Davis (the taxi driver in SiP) was playing her husband in a soon to be released film. The story is something to do with betting or buying a racehorse. Sorry to be vague but I was only half listening, Perhaps someone else can add more detail.

May 3, 2012 11:22 am  #10

Yes I can add more detail having done a bit more research. Jenny is indeed in a film with Phil Davis. The film is entitled 'Outside Bet'.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdbLDUp1BjY
The summary is: during the turbulent mid-80s...a group of life-long friends find themselves at the bad end of a redundancy pay-out and invest their savings not a racehorse...hoping that one final race can turn their fortunes around. When his father (Pete? This is an error and should read Phil Davis) is diagnosed with cancer, young South London print-worker Mark Baxter ( Calum McNab) decides to make the old man's dream a realit: buy their by own racehorse and take it to Sandown for a run at the prize. With the help of dad's best friend 'Smudger' (Bob Hoskins) and their loyal friends and families, he leaves the local pub in Camberweell to go on an adventure with a horse named The Mumper, staking everything they own on an Outside Bet.

May 3, 2012 5:16 pm  #11

Thanks Davina, I was driving at the time and couldn't focus on what they were saying at the crucial moment.

May 17, 2012 9:37 pm  #12

Andrew Scott will be co-starring in The Scapegoat at some time, hopefully this year, on UK TV. With luck this might get more a more global release. I can thoroughly recommend reading the original story, which is by Daphne DuMarier, one of my favourite authors. I am sue Andrew will be stunning in it.

May 28, 2012 6:07 pm  #13

There is a short mention of Andrew Scott's success, along with other Irish/Irish descent winners, in the Irish Television Film and Television Network IFTN.

www.ift.ie/actors/actors news/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4284986

May 28, 2012 6:10 pm  #14

AggH!

www.iftn.ie/actors/actorsnews/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4284986

Try this

May 28, 2012 6:15 pm  #15

Try this one guys:

http://bit.ly/SillyNotWorking

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 28, 2012 6:23 pm  #16

Thank you

May 28, 2012 7:57 pm  #17

Yay, thanks!

June 3, 2012 7:26 pm  #18

Further details of the BBC Radio 4 production of James Joyce's Ulysees on June 16th celebrating the 90th anniversary of the book's publication. Andrew will be playing the part of Steven  mark Lawson broadcasts live from various Joycean landmarks in Dublin at various times during the broadcast.

Further information and more detailed timing can be found on:

www.bbc.com.uk/media centre/lateness/2012/radio4bloomsday.html

June 3, 2012 7:28 pm  #19

Correct link!

www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2012/radio4bloomsday.html

Last edited by Davina (June 3, 2012 8:16 pm)

June 3, 2012 7:45 pm  #20

Or not... ;)

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

Board footera