BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 28, 2013 11:11 am  #1

I need somewhere to discuss my Martin obsession....

HOW DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN?!! I've just spent half an hour looking at pictures of Martin Freeman online. I REGRET NOTHING. The thing is though, it was seeing him in real life that did it. I just...I can't even put it into words how adorably cute he was. Maybe it was because he was so nice as well and so chatty and friendly towards us all. And also because he and Amanda are just such an amazing couple and look so beautiful together. Or maybe it was his hair. It was definitely his hair to a certain extent, yes. It was just so....fluffy. OK I'll stop now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 28, 2013 11:14 am  #2

Re: I need somewhere to discuss my Martin obsession....

I'm totally with you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 28, 2013 1:19 pm  #3

Very pleased, in fact extremely chuffed, to find this thread here! I am always under the impression that Martin Freeman doesn't get the attention he rightly deserves, so I am very much in favour of starting a Martin appreciation thread!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 28, 2013 4:01 pm  #4

HIS SMILE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 28, 2013 4:20 pm  #5

I always tend to notice his eyelashes, don't ask me why, I love them (uhm, slightly embarrassing, I know)

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

August 28, 2013 4:31 pm  #6

Oh gosh...I actually haven't noticed his eyelashes before. This is just another thing for me to stare at next time I see him.

August 28, 2013 4:34 pm  #7

Here's just one eye of his. Incredible colour, incredible eye lashes...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 28, 2013 4:40 pm  #8

Yes, they are definitely worth staring at

Thanks for illustrating, tobeornot221b

August 28, 2013 4:52 pm  #9

I really like this short interview here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrGoxKUUl0w

August 28, 2013 7:45 pm  #10

tobeornot221b wrote:

Here's just one eye of his. Incredible colour, incredible eye lashes...

AAARRRRGHHHH

I can't look at it

August 28, 2013 8:23 pm  #11

How does he look like in person? I mean, I read your reports and I think I have seen every single Setlock picture/video out there but I would much appreciate the opinion of someone who has seen him up close. Because I've seen my share of people who work on TV/movies and sometimes in person they are pretty much like on screen but sometimes they are much more (or less) attractive.

So if it's not too much burden, could you elaborate about Martin, please? 

August 28, 2013 8:27 pm  #12

Mrs. Watson wrote:

How does he look like in person? I mean, I read your reports and I think I have seen every single Setlock picture/video out there but I would much appreciate the opinion of someone who has seen him up close. Because I've seen my share of people who work on TV/movies and sometimes in person they are pretty much like on screen but sometimes they are much more (or less) attractive.

Well, put it this way...

Martin was never really a big deal for me before. I was always more of a Benedict girl. Sure, I thought he was cute and sweet or whatever, but I never actually had any sort of crush on him.

THEN I SAW HIM IN REAL LIFE

AND NOW....

aslkdjgkljsdakgjskdjgkljsdkgjklsfdjgkljsd AAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GAWWWWWWD

I hope that answers your question a little.

August 28, 2013 8:40 pm  #13

I can understand you. I think this is somehow about meeting someone in "real life", too. Can change some things....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 28, 2013 8:41 pm  #14

There is something about him

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 28, 2013 9:11 pm  #15

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Mrs. Watson wrote:

Well, put it this way...

Martin was never really a big deal for me before. I was always more of a Benedict girl. Sure, I thought he was cute and sweet or whatever, but I never actually had any sort of crush on him.

THEN I SAW HIM IN REAL LIFE

AND NOW....

aslkdjgkljsdakgjskdjgkljsdkgjklsfdjgkljsd AAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHH MYYYYYYY GAWWWWWWD

I hope that answers your question a little.

LOL 

Well, thank you. That does answer my question... a little. But feel free to add more details if you want. 

August 28, 2013 9:21 pm  #16

It was one of those things where, the first time I saw him "in the flesh", I literally had wide eyes and an open mouth just staring. And then he walked right past and I was just...WOW. I turned to someone and said, "He looks even better in real life". And I really did get that impression from him in a big way.

His hair looks so much fluffier up close. And his skin is really smooth and soft.

August 28, 2013 9:59 pm  #17

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

It was one of those things where, the first time I saw him "in the flesh", I literally had wide eyes and an open mouth just staring. And then he walked right past and I was just...WOW. I turned to someone and said, "He looks even better in real life". And I really did get that impression from him in a big way.

His hair looks so much fluffier up close. And his skin is really smooth and soft.

Now I want to see him very very close... 

August 28, 2013 10:26 pm  #18

I think, like his character John, a lot of people underestimate Martin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 28, 2013 11:18 pm  #19

Oh Boss - you've got it bad!!!  Discuss Martin here all you want.  I'll be right beside you! Boyish, adorable men have always been my obsession and Martin is all that and more.  Did you see The Hobbit in 3D?  Did you see the scene where he wakes up in the morning after the dwarves have left and the camera is right up close in his face?  I remember thinking, "Oh my god, would I love to wake up to that every morning!".  Lucky, lucky Amanda!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 10, 2013 11:20 am  #20

Omg yes. Amanda and Martin are such a beautiful couple though, I love 'em.

Board footera