BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2012 5:32 am  #1

Benedict-sex icon?

Benedict claims, with his usual self-deprecating humour, that he is baffled by the sex icon label.

www.express.co.uk/posts/views/323092/323092

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 30, 2012 5:36 am  #2

Re: Benedict-sex icon?

Link is wrong above.
Try this:

www.express.co.uk/posts/views/323092/Benedict-Cumbrbatch-baffled-by-sex-icon-label

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 30, 2012 5:37 am  #3

Ok. Tap the link and then you'll have to type is name in search to find it. Give up!

May 30, 2012 6:17 am  #4

Is that the one where he says he's not even the most sexy man in his own flat, and he's the only man there?
I laughed at that.

Try this link

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 30, 2012 7:42 am  #5

More or less. I think he does allow that he is, in fact, the sexiest man living in his flat but that he is, in fact, the only man living in his flat! Lol

Thanks for the link!

May 30, 2012 8:23 am  #6

Haha aww Benny..that made me laugh...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 1, 2012 6:06 am  #7

Along those lines,  I found this mostly very positive article from a screenwriter/ turned thriller novelist/ author of the  "Screenwriting Tricks for Authors" series -  musings on the Cumberbatch and Sherlock phenomenom--  and pointing out again that Moffat and Gatiss have "that wonderful Hitchcockian understanding of the material and their star"  - this was a fun read.

http://thedarksalon.blogspot.com/2012/05/are-you-cumberbitch.html

June 1, 2012 4:12 pm  #8

The article by Alexandra Sokoloff is just brilliant. It perfectly sums up my feelings about Sherlock, both the show and the character.

"An unfettered and unrepentant autistic-slash-high-functioning sociopath of a rock god." Perfect!!

And calling Benedict "the unlikely catnip at the centre of the show" O.M.G. just how I feel (am I giving away my secrets here?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 1, 2012 7:44 pm  #9

hepzibah,  so very true!!   and thanks for forwarding this article, Carl.   It's really terrific.

"perfect melding of an actor and a role"

June 2, 2012 4:12 am  #10

yes I agree!   especially like some of those comments at the end of the article.   Reminds me
of some of the reactions of  our friendly forum        Anyway,  very well written I thought.

http://thedarksalon.blogspot.com/2012/05/are-you-cumberbitch.html

June 2, 2012 1:34 pm  #11

omg you people can follow her trains of thought?
Sorry but I got a headache just reading it, let alone dissect that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 2, 2012 1:39 pm  #12

ha, ha, Kazza, call your army doctor for some painkillers! Better yet, have a big drink of water.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 2, 2012 1:46 pm  #13

I'm not sure I'm the one who needs the big drink of water; it's an over the top fangirl piece that says very little.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 2, 2012 2:26 pm  #14

ha ha sorry not your cup of tea!   we will agree to disagree then.  The humor and writing style was refreshing.

June 2, 2012 2:33 pm  #15

Well, honey, i am an over the top fangirl so i loved it  (this post is meant to be funny, not rude!)

Last edited by hepzibah (June 2, 2012 2:34 pm)

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 2, 2012 4:45 pm  #16

Nah you're both fine, fangirl away.
It's just a simple blog, no journalistic masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination. I was thinking ' oh good maybe a fresh look at things' but nope. More like a fast trip through tumblr, which it seems is where she got her inspiration from.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 2, 2012 6:59 pm  #17

I think, to be fair, she may be a prisoner of her hormones!  Lol

Board footera