BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2012 7:25 am  #161

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

smoggy  london air---VERY  good usage of those words in your sentences.   I  would give yu 100%   

OK   

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

When I see an umbrella just like Mycrofts,  I  take it out and stand with it  just like he did. 
Today at the fair,  I  searched  for that luminous rabbit.
Today at the fair's Art building,  I tried looking for Ben and Martin's faces.   (didn't find them tho!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 28, 2012 11:37 am  #162

On the radio this morning there was an add for a carpet cleaning company; they were offering 20% discount for an empty house. Betcha can guess what I was thinking about!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 28, 2012 4:25 pm  #163

Molly Hooper wrote:

I bet you got full marks!!! 

I wish I knew. They haven't posted our exam grades yet! My teacher loves 19th century literature, though, so I think it's a safe bet!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

June 2, 2012 3:38 pm  #164

You know you're obsessed when...

...you suddenly remember that when you were a kid, your mother possessed a real human skull which you thought was so cool but it got lost when you moved to a new house, and you are even more angry/upset about its loss now, forty years later!

(True story--she'd been a nursing student and somehow acquired the skull, which we kept in the basement with all the other esoteric stuff.  But if I had it now, it would have pride of place in my home!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 2, 2012 5:08 pm  #165

You've just finished reading 'The Sign of Four', and, whilst you're working to walk, a fire engine comes haring along to the junction you're approaching, halts abruptly at the otherwise completely empty junction, at a green light, and the occupants appear uncertain as to which way they should go, and you think "Oh no! They've lost the scent! Don't go to the left, that's toward the timber yard!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important thing I have learnt from 'Sherlock':
British army research bases keep their bins at the bottom of a quite deep lift shaft.

June 2, 2012 8:06 pm  #166

You know you're obsessed when clicking through the tv channels on Discovery Shed ( yes, there really IS such a channel) you see Holmes Inspection and immediately think of Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 4, 2012 2:02 pm  #167

When you decide to finally cleanout the refrigerator because you fear the thumbs have gone bad

When you start rummaging through old clothes from the '80s looking for that fuchsia outfit

When you appreciate Golem as a throw back homage to Rondo Hatton's Creeper

When your boyfriend receives your orgasmic text during a business video conference call

When you see ?????? around your partner's head as he or she emerges from the shower

When you look up everytime you walk past a hospital

When you surf home shopping channels hoping for a Moriarty cut in broadcast

When you start referring to every dog you encounter as a great hound

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

June 5, 2012 12:21 pm  #168

When you post photos of yourself in a Sherlock T-Shirt on your Facebook page.

When you change your ringtone to the title melody.

When you put Sherlock wallpapers on both your laptop and iMac.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 5, 2012 10:19 pm  #169

I just heard on TV the music that Jim Moriarty was listening to when he broke into the Tower for the Crown Jewels, and when I looked up from my computer screen to see the TV screen, I expected to see a commercial for the show rather than a commercial for JetBlue, which is what was really on.  And then I felt kind of bummed, too.

June 6, 2012 3:03 am  #170

And also when I see a headline on the BBC News homepage:

Boring votes to pair with Dull

and the first thing I think is that it'll be about Sherlock.  Alas, no; it's about two towns--the first is in the US and the second in the UK--with those names who are forming a relationship.  Of course, maybe Sherlock inspired them to pair up!

Last edited by Sherli Bakerst (June 6, 2012 3:08 am)

June 6, 2012 10:55 am  #171

OMG Sherli. I saw same Boring/Dull Story and thought exactly the same thing! 

June 6, 2012 11:14 pm  #172

That's hysterical, Sentimental Pulse!  Or perhaps I should say: GMTA!

June 7, 2012 10:42 am  #173

Great minds indeed, Sherli We're not ordinary, Jim Moriarty!

June 7, 2012 11:33 am  #174

You know you're obsessed when you find yourself going to the supermarket at 10pm for no other reason than to buy a copy of the Radio Times because it has an interview with Andrew Scott in it. Oh...and to post said interview on this forum, of course!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 7, 2012 11:34 am  #175

Yay! How lovely of you!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 7, 2012 3:41 pm  #176

When you get your hair cut and ask the hairdresser to do it like Sherlock.

(Yes I did this yesterday! I'm so happy with it!  )

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 7, 2012 3:50 pm  #177

Did the hairdresser know what you meant?!

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 7, 2012 4:00 pm  #178

Oh - hairdressers! That reminds me of my last visit to my lovely Chinese hairdresser. She wanted to try "something different" on me. I said ok, go for it. And I ended up looking like Benedict in TTSS...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 7, 2012 4:02 pm  #179

Does that work on a women?!

June 7, 2012 4:05 pm  #180

It wasn't too bad, I presume. Meanwhile I'm looking more myself again...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera