BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2013 6:31 am  #1

Sherlock had wings!

Remember the third IOU, the graffiti on the wall, and there were wings in the background? Yeah, well, I finally figured it out! Sherlock has wings and simply flew off the roof! That's what the graffiti was trying to tell us! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

August 7, 2013 7:54 am  #2

Re: Sherlock had wings!

You are right!
Check the Remarkable Settings thread, there you'll find the proof. 
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3318

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 7, 2013 8:05 am  #3

And I remember a certain Sherlock clay figure … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 7, 2013 8:07 am  #4

Right, but there you find only one wing. As he points out he may be on the side of the angels, but isn't one of them. 

August 7, 2013 8:12 am  #5

Yes, I liked that idea. Two wings might have been sentimental, but one is just right. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 7, 2013 8:27 am  #6

You have solved it! Untill now I thought Mycroft rescued him with the helicopter.

August 7, 2013 1:08 pm  #7

Was he drinking Red Bull?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 7, 2013 1:57 pm  #8

That must have been why he crashed. His one wing left him flying round and round in circles until he dropped out of the sky! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 7, 2013 2:26 pm  #9

Stop, we're not supposed to laugh about it!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 7, 2013 3:03 pm  #10

We have cried so much about this now it's finally time for a laugh. 

So how can we include the monkeys in the wings theory? 

August 7, 2013 3:25 pm  #11

August 7, 2013 3:27 pm  #12

I thought the monkey thing was great! So adorable!

August 8, 2013 5:53 pm  #13

Sounds like Icarus mixed with The Wizard of Oz!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 8, 2013 6:03 pm  #14

I'm so glad we've figured it out now. Sherlock drank Redbull, got winged but crashed because he only got one wing. Winged monkeys brought him also back to life. Or something like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 16, 2013 8:57 pm  #15

What about wingsuit? XD

ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ᴥส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

August 17, 2013 9:08 am  #16

August 19, 2013 12:46 am  #17

Cool

Board footera