BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2013 12:04 am  #1

Smiley face in 221C?

Maybe I'm just seeing things, I don't know. But when Sherlock opens the door to the flat below to find the shoes, I swear I can see a smiley face on the door, or at least a faded one. There's something there...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 18, 2013 8:18 am  #2

Re: Smiley face in 221C?

Yes, I think you're right, Kitty. It's like a distant echo of the smiley face in 221B. But I can't make any sense of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 18, 2013 9:20 am  #3

What if Sherlock had been there, silently practising? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 18, 2013 6:32 pm  #4

I thought it was symbolism. Sherlock paints the face on the wall because he was bored. Moriarty created the game because he was bored, right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 20, 2013 11:58 am  #5

I can't see a smiley face. I think it can just be adhesive residue or yellowing after a picture or sticker is removed.
But then, it is blurry.
I would think Sherlock would need to see it if it was a clue. But it is behind the opened door and stays there. IMO, the clues are there to be seen, hidden in plain sight.
Never mind. This overtinking and imagining is what we do.  If we see the sky with clouds we see sheep or a face.... (I am reading a book about perception psychology.) The human brain works like this.

April 15, 2014 11:53 pm  #6

I see Jesus.

Board footera