BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2013 9:13 pm  #1

Weather and costume

It never seems to be clear what the seasons are going by what the boys are wearing.  John almost always has his jumper or jacket, Sherlock is rarely without his coat and gloves.

In Hounds - he wears the great coat on the moors, but is in shirtsleeves at breakfast at the end.

John, of course is always underdressed for the weather.  (and buttons his shirts all the way up)?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

July 27, 2013 4:03 pm  #2

Re: Weather and costume

Up on the moors is cold due to the wind, down in a village in sunshine = warmer. That was in the middle of March.

John must sometimes wear a white v neck T shirt under a casual shirt (Can be seen when he stayed over at Sarah's and slept on the sofa the morning of the explosion in TGG) and he mainly leaves the top button undone.

John's oatmeal arran knot jumper will be very warm. I have one like it. In Hounds he took the green jacket and the tan 'Barbour' one which again is lined, windproof, waterproof, breathable and very warm.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

August 1, 2013 8:23 am  #3

Re: Weather and costume

Today there was an official warning in my lokal newspaper because of the summer heat.
I wonder how the summer temperatures will effect the filming, especially Sherlock's suits and the coat. Will there be a summer version now or something different?
On the DVD they said that they made a summer version and it looked not good enough.

Board footera