BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2013 1:58 pm  #1

"Don't make me order you."

I always wondered how Mycroft would have ordered Sherlock or rather what would have involved "order you"  Clearly Mycroft knows that Sherlock would never do what he wants him to do, especially when he threatens him.

His face when he says it is priceless!

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 24, 2013 2:03 pm  #2

Re: "Don't make me order you."

Ivy wrote:

I always wondered how Mycroft would have ordered Sherlock or rather what would have involved "order you"  Clearly Mycroft knows that Sherlock would never do what he wants him to do, especially when he threatens him.

His face when he says it is priceless!

I have a feeling that arrests might be involved.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 24, 2013 2:12 pm  #3

It implies that Mycroft has something (the power of the British government?) or knows something to order Sherlock.
Sherlock's answer implies that he believes that it won't work, whatever it is Mycroft refers to.

I always hear a bit of humorous subtext here. Mr Gatiss talking to his actor: I can make you do whatever I want.

July 24, 2013 5:08 pm  #4

I've always seen that line as a glimpse of their childhood with Mycroft playing the parent role. I know when my kids wont do as they're told I will say ' I'm not asking, I'm telling you to do it'. This is the same kind of thing Mycroft is doing x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 24, 2013 9:04 pm  #5

nicbooful wrote:

I've always seen that line as a glimpse of their childhood with Mycroft playing the parent role. I know when my kids wont do as they're told I will say ' I'm not asking, I'm telling you to do it'. This is the same kind of thing Mycroft is doing x

I think I agree with that one, too. Somewhere you get the idea that he's the "father figure" in Sherlock's life....I can totally see that--I have three younger siblings and a five year old daughter.

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

July 25, 2013 7:32 am  #6

nicbooful wrote:

I agree with that. But my question was, did Mycroft really think that would work!? Or maybe he has just hoped that would work, like every "parent"  But interesting scene, I'd like to see their history.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 25, 2013 7:49 am  #7

At Comic Con they said there will be more about Mycroft in the new series. Maybe also a glimpse of the past? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 25, 2013 6:13 pm  #8

I'd assumed Moriarty had fooled them both.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 25, 2013 6:26 pm  #9

Swanpride wrote:

Well, Mycroft ususally gets what he wants...and despite Sherlock's "I would like to see you trying", Sherlock just can't resist a good riddle.
Though I'm wondering...Mycroft should be interlligent enough to figure this out by himself. Perhaps that was a feeble attempt to keep Sherlock away from the Bomber by distracting him with something else?

He is intelligent enough, but he didn't want to do the "legwork".  In the canon, it's obvious that he is much smarter than Sherlock, but also much lazier.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

March 3, 2014 8:43 pm  #10

Love his face when he says that, but slightly  creepy could he actually force sherlock to do something? He seems to be one of the only people who  has influence over him and who he respects....

Don't talk out loud Anderson, you lower the IQ of the whole street,

Board footera