BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 20, 2013 2:55 am  #21

Re: How will Series 3 end? (CONTAINS SPOILER DISCUSSION)

Steven Moffat is a cruel black hearted bastard.
And I kindof love him for that...........

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 20, 2013 3:01 am  #22

tonnaree wrote:

Steven Moffat is a cruel black hearted bastard.
And I kindof love him for that...........

And I think most of us feel the same way...it's why he, and Mark Gatiss, can get away with all the evil-genius-messing-with-us-teasing they do 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 20, 2013 3:05 am  #23

SusiGo wrote:

Thanks very much, Moffat. 

Oh ho Moffat...there will be hell to pay, by many Sherlock fans, if you end the series by leaving us hanging 

July 20, 2013 8:34 am  #24

Hm, maybe Mary is murdered and John's last vow is to find her killer?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 20, 2013 10:08 am  #25

Good one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 22, 2013 10:03 pm  #26

My favourite new theory for the ending:

John, Sherlock and Mary are all on a case together.

They are trapped by a bad guy, and John is given a gun, forced to choose whether to kill Mary or Sherlock. He just stands there, looking from one to the other.

Then he asks if he kills himself, will he let them both live. The bad guy says yes. So, John turns the gun on himself.

Sherlock leaps on him, knocking his arm out the way. The gun goes off. Mary is shot and collapses on the floor. John runs over to her. It's too late. She dies in his arms, blood all over the place.

Sherlock is standing by, awkwardly watching and unsure what to do. Eventually, when John isn't moving and is just continuing to hold her and cradle her, sobbing, he goes forward and gently pulls him away, the sound of ambulances getting closer. John reluctantly lets her go and stands up. Sherlock wraps his arms around him and they silently hug.

John makes a vow to his dead wife that he will have vengence on her killer, who has since vacated the premises.

He and Sherlock manage to track him down but it all ends badly in a Three Garridebs type scenario where John is shot, but worse than just a flesh wound as in the story. It's touch or go whether he will live or die and Sherlock is faced with the prospect of losing his best friend for good.

The End.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 22, 2013 10:05 pm  #27

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

They are trapped by a bad guy, and John is given a gun, forced to choose whether to kill Mary or Sherlock. He just stands there, looking from one to the other.

Then he asks if he kills himself, will he let them both live. The bad guy says yes. So, John turns the gun on himself.

Sherlock leaps on him, knocking his arm out the way. The gun goes off. Mary is shot and collapses on the floor. John runs over to her. It's too late. She dies in his arms, blood all over the place.

Sherlock is standing by, awkwardly watching and unsure what to do. Eventually, when John isn't moving and is just continuing to hold her and cradle her, sobbing, he goes forward and gently pulls him away, the sound of ambulances getting closer. John reluctantly lets her go and stands up. Sherlock wraps his arms around him and they silently hug.

John makes a vow to his dead wife that he will have vengence on her killer, who has since vacated the premises.

He and Sherlock manage to track him down but it all ends badly in a Three Garridebs type scenario where John is shot, but worse than just a flesh wound as in the story. It's touch or go whether he will live or die and Sherlock is faced with the prospect of losing his best friend for good.

The End.

THIS. IS. HORRIBLE. 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 22, 2013 10:11 pm  #28

The Boss is  a meanie.  Tee Hee!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 23, 2013 6:12 am  #29

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

The End.

Yes, great. Thank you, Boss, I really WANTED to cry that early in the morning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 23, 2013 7:35 am  #30

Mary Me wrote:

I like that idea. Would be a cliffhanger and maybe we could try to solve the case while waiting for the next series if we got some clues.

July 23, 2013 8:23 am  #31

Uhhh, this would be a truly heartbreaking cliffhanger, but not an entirely impossible one, I fear.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

July 23, 2013 8:54 am  #32

Be wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

I like that idea. Would be a cliffhanger and maybe we could try to solve the case while waiting for the next series if we got some clues.

That's really interesting. I'm sure Moftiss must be planning to keep us guessing until series 4 and give us hidden clues and a problem(case) to solve. Keeps the fans talking (agonizing) over the show.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

July 23, 2013 11:09 am  #33

Mary Me wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

The End.

THIS. IS. HORRIBLE. 

Gah! It's only 7am, why you make me cry like this so early???  Even so, something like this feels likely, and certainly just heartbreaking enough for Moffat.

July 23, 2013 12:08 pm  #34

What are you doing to us, Boss? Crying at two in ther afternoon. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 23, 2013 1:32 pm  #35

Oh God, have I given everyone feels?

Mwahahahaha *evil Moffat laugh*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 23, 2013 1:43 pm  #36

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Oh God, have I given everyone feels?

Mwahahahaha *evil Moffat laugh*

I lovingly hate you. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 23, 2013 1:51 pm  #37

I think she's part of Moriarty's web!

July 23, 2013 2:04 pm  #38

besleybean wrote:

Definitely. I bet she created this forum only to build up confidence until we were ready to follow her anywhere so she can destroy us. Evil thing.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 23, 2013 2:23 pm  #39

I think she's the new super villain of series 3. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 23, 2013 2:37 pm  #40

Mary Me wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Definitely. I bet she created this forum only to build up confidence until we were ready to follow her anywhere so she can destroy us. Evil thing.

WHAT!? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera