BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 14, 2013 9:30 am  #1

Radio Version

There is a series of Sherlock Holmes stories being broadcast on Radio 4 Extra.  The last one went out on Friday. You should be able to catch most of these on iplayer. I particularly enjoyed hearing the late Michael Williams who was Dame Judy Dench's husband, as John Watson. Of interest also may be 'The Noble Bachelor' in which (spoilers ahead ; ) ) the womanising, gambling altogether nasty piece of work is played by one Timothy Carlton.

Last edited by JaneCo (July 14, 2013 9:32 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 14, 2013 10:01 am  #2

Re: Radio Version

Timothy Carlton, the name rings a bell.  And thanks for the rec. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 14, 2013 10:14 am  #3

Re: Radio Version

I'd love to listen to these radio versions, but I don't have lots of time at the moment... I've never used this BBC iPlayer before, so I was wondering if I can also download the episodes there? Or can you just listen to them? I'm not from the UK by the way, don't know if that's an additional problem or not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

Board footera