BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2012 5:23 pm  #81

Re: Things we will never know but are curious about

Every time we go to France we visit my Grandma's family and they kiss as a greeting. It is quite funny as my sister (who has Asperger's) always tries to hide and sqirm away  )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 28, 2012 5:25 pm  #82

Davina wrote:

very Continental!

Intercontinental. Watch you don't get hung for this

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 28, 2012 5:34 pm  #83

kissing as a greeting

But still not between blokes in UK, right?
(In the public gaze, a hearty hug is still as far as it goes judging from last night.)
Still a bit of taboo. Sigh. The ritualistic kissing of women at public events: double sigh. One doesnt always get a choice.

....take a leaf out of the Japanese book, and always carry discete wet wipes if more than the air gets lip contact... 

Last edited by Britigander (May 28, 2012 5:41 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Important thing I have learnt from 'Sherlock':
British army research bases keep their bins at the bottom of a quite deep lift shaft.

May 28, 2012 6:15 pm  #84

Hanged! Lol ! Mwa! Mwa! No chaps still go with the handshake, hearty hug and clap on the back. More chaps seem to do the kissing ladies on one of both cheeks now and ladies definitely a mwa-mwa moment!

Intercontinental? Do you mean like some kind of missile?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 28, 2012 10:09 pm  #85

Oh... the mwa-mwa... I'm so tired of this... every single time you see a friend you have to do this (here in Spain, I mean). There is a lot of people who apparently think it's necessary to do that even if they see you every day.

Between guys here, the usual is a handshake or, if they haven't seen each other for a long time, a hug. But between women or when it is a woman and a man, aaaaalways the mwa-mwa...

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 4, 2012 3:08 am  #86

Back on topic... 

Did Sherlock eat both bags of chips?

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 4, 2012 5:13 pm  #87

Maybe I missed something but I wonder why Watson thought he was going to see Mycroft and not Irene Adler when the black limo appeared for him. The woman who came for him was Kate, Irene's assistant, not Anthea. I know that Watson is a player who has a new girl each week but surely he can tell the two lovely ladies apart?

Also after Moriarty called Sherlock a dufus for believing that there indeed is a few lines of computer code that can open up all security locks I wondered then how he was able to pull off three impossible simultaneous heists. Frankly the idea that a.) Sherlock would buy totally into something impossible and b.) that even the great Moriarty could hire inferior underlings to pull off three perfect inside jobs seems less plausible than the computer code to me

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 4, 2012 8:26 pm  #88

Tantalus wrote:

Back on topic... 

Chips? When did this happen? I've missed out on something! 

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 4, 2012 9:19 pm  #89

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Maybe I missed something but I wonder why Watson thought he was going to see Mycroft and not Irene Adler when the black limo appeared for him. The woman who came for him was Kate, Irene's assistant, not Anthea. I know that Watson is a player who has a new girl each week but surely he can tell the two lovely ladies apart?

That was Kate in the limo?!  I thought it was Anthea.  If that puts me in John's league, then so be it! 

I'm wondering where Sherlock gets all his sundry body parts for his experiments from.  I can't really see Molly having spare appendages lying around though if she did, I'm sure she could be talked into giving them to Sherlock.  The police certainly wouldn't give them to him.  Does he get them from the Homeless Network?  If not, from where then?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 4, 2012 9:25 pm  #90

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

That was Kate in the limo?!  I thought it was Anthea.  If that puts me in John's league, then so be it! 

That was neither Kate in the limo nor Anthea.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 4, 2012 9:34 pm  #91

As tobe says, she was another woman, one we have not seen before nor after that episode.

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 5, 2012 3:04 am  #92

tobeornot221b wrote:

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Correct, the woman was never named & referred to in the credits as the 'beautiful woman';  the actress who played her is Thomasin Rand; Kate was played by Rosalind Halstead ; Anthea was played by Lisa Macallister

Thomasin Rand                               Rosalind Halstead (Kate)                   Lisa Macallister (Anthea)

I would say she's just one of Irene's close friends/clients/lovers.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 10:52 am  #93

Thanks so much for the clarification.  Wow it is amazing how much she looks like Kate. I am surprised Watson didn't try to pick her up

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 5, 2012 11:17 am  #94

tobeornot221b wrote:

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

It wasn't Anthea? Well, now I'm feeling foolish for not paying attention. Thought it was, 'cause she told Irene on the phone that John did indeed think it was Mycroft he was going to see. Guess I was sleeping through that part...

June 5, 2012 11:19 am  #95

Oh, sorry, just saw the pictures kazza posted...

June 5, 2012 11:20 am  #96

Molly Hooper wrote:

Tantalus wrote:

Back on topic... 

When Sherlock shows up at St. Bart's in TGG and tells Molly she isn't going on her date, he pulls two bags of chips out of his coat and indicates that they are going to be dinner.

June 5, 2012 11:20 am  #97

Oh someone's in the "seeing but not observing' rut today aren't we?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 11:28 am  #98

Tantalus wrote:

Molly Hooper wrote:

Tantalus wrote:

Back on topic... 

When Sherlock shows up at St. Bart's in TGG and tells Molly she isn't going on her date, he pulls two bags of chips out of his coat and indicates that they are going to be dinner.

Doesn't that happen in Reichenbach?

June 5, 2012 11:37 am  #99

Molly Hooper wrote:

Tantalus wrote:

Back on topic... 

Ok, here's where my snippet clips come in handy.
Go to the Reichenbach section; http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=4
open the snippets thread ; http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=796
Click the youtube link ; http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFB2006BC3CCFFCEC
find "Molly's cancelled lunchdate and click on that (#20) ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxwSPDy5OYw&list=PLFB2006BC3CCFFCEC&index=20&feature=plpp_video
Watch video and observe

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 11:41 am  #100

You mean the Quavers? I LOVE Quavers!

Oh, In England we call them crisps! I thought you ment Chips as in french fries!!

Board footera