BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2013 5:41 am  #1

Assassin's Creed film

Hopefully, maybe, there is going to be an Assassin's Creed film. Is there anyone else out there as ridiculously excited/nervous about this prospect as I am?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 15, 2013 12:41 am  #2

Re: Assassin's Creed film

Hey!   So I can't profess to know the games at all, except for being a media geek and being aware of the gist of all the big games and titles out there, even if I don't play them.  The art/story I saw the basics of however did seem pretty darn cool, though.

The reason I post, then, is that it seemed there weren't too many gamers around to have any reply, at least, and the idea of the movie I'd admit does seem pretty cool! (although slightly strange plot, if IMDB is correct).  I was wondering, though....  you worded it in the 'singular'... I thought there had been another film, animated perhaps?  Maybe I'm remembering some of the other recent popular fantasy type games that got a movie.... Dragon's Age and such, I believe.  Although IMDB lists a 'Assassin's Creed: Lineage'.... or was that just a short 'special'?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 16, 2013 12:20 am  #3

The Lineage films are a series of three short films. The new one, if made, will be a full length feature film. I am not really a gamer though my kids, especially my son, raves about the brilliance of the Assassin's Creed games and their storylines.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 16, 2013 9:00 pm  #4

I know it's a fad to make movies out of videogames, but since they're most often awful (e.g. PRINCE OF PERSIA - SANDS OF TIME, SUPER MARIO BROS, STREET FIGHTER - THE MOVIE etc) I'm not too excited about this. The only videogame movie I care about is the METAL GEAR SOLID movie that has been announced but there's no details on it yet. Other than that, I don't get my jollies from this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

April 17, 2013 9:20 pm  #5

I'm not sure if this is a good thing, or a terrible thing.
I'm a huge fan of the Desmond/Ezio ACs, and while the story line would make for a brilliant movie...I fear they'd make a horrible mess.
The games are brilliant as they are. Minus the endings, though. In my opinion.
Not a fan of the AC endings...

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

May 18, 2013 3:31 pm  #6

Release date, though it isn't even made yet: May 22 2015 in the US.

May 23, 2013 11:55 pm  #7

If, as seems likely, Ridley Scott is to direct I really hope he has got his act together and we don't have a repeat of the car crash that was Prometheus!

July 6, 2013 2:24 am  #8

Dramagod wrote:

I know it's a fad to make movies out of videogames, but since they're most often awful (e.g. PRINCE OF PERSIA - SANDS OF TIME, SUPER MARIO BROS, STREET FIGHTER - THE MOVIE etc) I'm not too excited about this. The only videogame movie I care about is the METAL GEAR SOLID movie that has been announced but there's no details on it yet. Other than that, I don't get my jollies from this.

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh I am so excited and Hideo Kojima will  be a big part of this.   It will be in his experienced hands and not just someone who thought, "Oh this game is popular let's make up some random script for a movie".

As for AC I love the series and I can only hope that the movie will be as great as the games have been.  Lineage was pretty awesome but I would love to actually see Ezio

July 6, 2013 9:14 am  #9

I think, because these particular games are so story/character based, that they could be the making of a fantastic film. I am terribly excited about this!

Board footera