BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2012 7:34 pm  #1

Sinner man

So Sherlockians! What do you think of the Sinner Man track used in The Reichenbach Fall when Jim Moriarty is being led into court, nice grey suit and all?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 17, 2012 1:16 pm  #2

Re: Sinner man

The original version is 10 mins long!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 25, 2012 3:41 am  #3

I was really weirded out when I first heard the music. I was like "wait is that actually coming from the television or somewhere else...?" because they don't usually use songs with lyrics in the series. I thought it was really weirdly appropriate for the scene though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

May 27, 2012 8:10 am  #4

Loved the use of 'Sinner Man' in TRF it works so well. Also, I watch this exerpt for the subtle change of expression on Andrew Scott's face when he is being "accompanied" through the building to court. He goes into shadow, and when he re-emerges his expression has altered so slightly, and you can tell everything is going exactly the way he has intended. Just fascinated by this section and the music adds to it - love it.

May 28, 2012 2:13 am  #5

I thought it was quite awesome ;)
Hey, Sinnerman... *sings*

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

I was really weirded out when I first heard the music. I was like "wait is that actually coming from the television or somewhere else...?" because they don't usually use songs with lyrics in the series.

Has anybody seen the Doctor who episode where they meet Vincent van Gogh (♥) ?
Because they also used a song with lyrics and for some reason it totally freaked me out. It just didn't seem to fit there at all.

May 28, 2012 2:17 am  #6

Sammy wrote:

I thought it was quite awesome ;)
Hey, Sinnerman... *sings*

Smoggy_London_Air wrote:

I was really weirded out when I first heard the music. I was like "wait is that actually coming from the television or somewhere else...?" because they don't usually use songs with lyrics in the series.

Has anybody seen the Doctor who episode where they meet Vincent van Gogh (♥) ?
Because they also used a song with lyrics and for some reason it totally freaked me out. It just didn't seem to fit there at all.

Vincent and the Doctor has got to rank among my top DW episodes. So many brilliant lines! That makes me wonder if it was all David Arnold and Michael Price's decision or if Moffat is fond of songs with lyrics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

Board footera