BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 22, 2013 4:27 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock:The Casebook

kittykat wrote:

Is this available in stores, like Waterstones?

Yes, I saw it at Waterstone's back in March.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 22, 2013 4:58 pm  #22

Where would it be? I know the Sherlock stories by ACD are in the Crime section, saw them the other day but couldn't afford them...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

June 23, 2013 12:38 pm  #23

kittykat wrote:

Where would it be? I know the Sherlock stories by ACD are in the Crime section, saw them the other day but couldn't afford them...

If I remember correctly, I saw the casebook in the TV/cinema section.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 23, 2013 3:04 pm  #24

tobeornot221b wrote:

kittykat wrote:

If I remember correctly, I saw the casebook in the TV/cinema section.

Thanks

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

June 29, 2013 1:24 am  #25

Pre-ordered.   

I shiver in antici........................................................................pation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 29, 2013 8:16 am  #26

tonnaree wrote:

Pre-ordered.   

I shiver in antici........................................................................pation.

Love the Rocky Horror Show, too. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 29, 2013 11:46 am  #27

SusiGo wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Pre-ordered.   

Love the Rocky Horror Show, too. 

Ya know Susi, I"m begining to suspect we may have known each other in a former lifetime.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 11, 2013 3:28 pm  #28

Bought this today, Waterstones in Manchester

July 16, 2013 6:55 pm  #29

I really liked it.  It fills in a few gaps in the stories (what did Sherlock do to be found in contempt of court?), and it also points out many of the nods to the original stories for those unfamiliar with them (or, like me, those who haven't read them in a while).  It's not very long, but it doesn't need to be.  I ordered the hardback version from amazon.uk, and I'm glad for the hardback (my children are not kind to paperback).

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 16, 2013 7:33 pm  #30

I love the Post-it notes from Sherlock and John

July 16, 2013 7:35 pm  #31

They are the best.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 20, 2014 12:34 pm  #32

I bought it so I can look at Sherlock even when TV, Laptop and ipad are all occupied..

It´s really great, all the background information, photos, the post-it-battle.. and now I get some in-jokes and references I wondered about in this forum. *thumbs up*

February 27, 2015 11:26 pm  #33

I just got this book in the mail today. Loved it! I knew most of the stuff that was written in interviews with Ben, Martin and Moftiss, but there were also some interesting tidbits I didn't know.

But for me, the most awesome thing about this book was the post-it notes banter between Sherlock and John throughout the cases and John's notes. It had me in tears, laughing. Just when I think fanfics can exaggerate we get gems like this. Fantastic!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

Board footera