BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2013 4:13 pm  #1

Martin: Sherlock is like Beatlemania

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 4, 2013 2:25 pm  #2

Re: Martin: Sherlock is like Beatlemania

I hadn't thought of it that way before, but it's a great comparison.  I was a kid during Beatlemania and remember having a Beatles coloring book.  (Wonder what that would be worth now--too bad I don't still have it!)  At least my taste in quality acts hasn't changed! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

May 6, 2013 4:33 am  #3

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

I hadn't thought of it that way before, but it's a great comparison.  I was a kid during Beatlemania and remember having a Beatles coloring book.  (Wonder what that would be worth now--too bad I don't still have it!)  At least my taste in quality acts hasn't changed! 

I love the Beatles too. Although I'm to young to have experienced Beatlemania. All I could think after reading your post was 'can we have a Sherlock colouring book?'

================================================================

May 7, 2013 3:18 pm  #4

Well, I haven't experienced Beatlemania but I think that this comparision makes sense. And I'm very amazed and delighted that Sherlock becomes more and more popular in my country.
Sherlock colouring book? I think it may happen,sooner or later.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

May 7, 2013 3:22 pm  #5

Which of you are Yoko?

That's the real question!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 7, 2013 9:56 pm  #6

Bed in? Oh I can hear those Johnlockers squealing from here! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 12, 2013 6:50 pm  #7

Even though it shouldn't, as I get to grips with this fandom, it amazes me how mental the Sherlock fandom is as in how widespread! It's gone global. It's just mind blowing.

"He will outlive God trying to have the last word."

June 12, 2013 7:02 pm  #8

m0r1arty wrote:

Which of you are Yoko?

That's the real question!

-m0r

She isn't any of us. She goes by the alias Mary Morstan!

There are going to be many fans who will hate her for coming between them.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

June 22, 2013 1:08 pm  #9

Martin's comparison reminds me the "London Beatles Store" on Baker Street where I visited in April, 2010. All good things happen on Baker Street~

-------------------------------------------------
--------
“Why,” said I, glancing up at my companion, “that was surely the bell? Who could come to-night? Some friends of yours, perhaps?”

“Except yourself I have none,” he answered.

—Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Five Orange PipsThe Adventures of Sherlock Holms

Board footera