BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2012 7:50 pm  #21

Re: The Hobbit

Is there a link given for the on-line Hobbit game that is mentioned?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 28, 2012 8:24 pm  #22

The link: www.hobbitpresse.de/quest
And here's the question: Who plays Hobbit Bilbo Baggins (German: Beutlin)?
Email to: hobbitpresse(at)klett-cotta.de
deadline:  May 31st, 2012

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 28, 2012 8:57 pm  #23

Thanks for that tobeornot221b! I have sent my e.mail off with the answer and really hope I am lucky as I would love to read this in German. If I'm not lucky I guess I'll have to buy it from Amazon.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 14, 2012 3:03 pm  #24

I'm a huge fan of The Hobbit, the book. I read it in less than 24 hours. xD And when I saw the trailer last December I couldn't stop freaking out. This will be my most awaited film for the year.

Freeman is the perfect Bilbo Baggins. I didn't know much about him when I saw the trailer (I haven't heard of Sherlock that time either) but I already had the impression that he fits the role very well. And fans of The Hobbit (the book) and the LOTR trilogy (books and movies) have long been rooting for him even YEARS before.

This is just epic, has anyone else seen this IMDb thread? =D
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0293509/board/nest/8439689?p=1

Take note of when the thread starter made the thread. It was in 2004.
It just proves it. xD Pretty much the most epic thread I've seen in my life.

May 14, 2012 4:51 pm  #25

That's just crazy! Wonder whether the producers of The Hobbit were aware of this prior to casting. He does seem absolutely perfect for the role.

May 18, 2012 11:08 pm  #26

The movie is going to be AMAZING!
I almost can't stand the awesomeness that is MARTIN as BILBO. Sorry for majorly fangirling, but I'm a huge Lord of the rings fan and read The Hobbit and loved it, so I was already looking forward to it. A LOT.
But when I found out Martin is Bilbo... WOW. He is, as ciarlock said, really the perfect choice. And then Benedict as Smaug/the Necromancer.
And also of course the whole of this great cast.
I only recently realized James Nesbitt who was the main character in Steven Moffat's "JEKYLL" (great series!) is also part of the cast.
I'm very excited for Benedict's interpretation of Smaug... (I don't think there are pictures of Smaug out yet, or are they?) Most of all because I feel like the dragon should look somewhat human because he is motion captured by a human and how the hell are they gonna do that? A dragon with a cumberface.

I was also wondering if they know Martin before... it seems to me, watching documentaries and interviews and stuff, that the focus is not very much on him. Like they don't care showing him a lot because nobody knows him anyway. Feels like that. And that makes me a bit mad, but haha... I just LOVE how EVERYONE will know his name by the end of the year! This is going to be fantastic!
He will be in SO MUCH after that because everybody will want him! And Sherlock will also get a lot more attention because of The Hobbit, I guess.
(I have to say I'm kind of proud of Martin for this... which, of course, is weird.)

May 25, 2012 2:38 am  #27

How old is bilbo Baggins supposed to be here in this movie?   Martin Freeman  looks like he's in his twenties,  with the wig and make-up.   I'm  gonna  go get the book at my library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 25, 2012 2:59 am  #28

Hobbits don't age like other peoples.

Particularly young Hobbits.

He's 50 at the beginning of the movie - a young hobbit.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 27, 2012 5:00 pm  #29

and I wrote this somewhere else--  but I'm  excited to see this movie too,  mainly  because our own benedict plays the voice of the dragon  smaug  in  part two!!   He also  does the character that actually BECOMES  the dragon.   I'm  gonna put this on my netflix  list.   I  don't do theaters  cos I'm deafer than a doorknob,  and some theaters don't have open captions.  YET. 

Yeah,  and THIS  is why we won't  be seeing Sherlock series 3  till late 2013.  boo hoo!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

November 3, 2012 10:44 pm  #30

I'm really happy for Martin getting the role, as I know he's talented enough to make anything he's in that much better, but I'm not particularly excited about The Hobbit. I always preferred The Lord Of The Rings. Those films were outstanding, so I know The Hobbit will be no less. Plus, Benedict+Martin could never go wrong. I'll probably still wait for home video though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 4, 2012 2:59 am  #31

Oh, harleyq, don't deprive yourself of the big screen experience!

November 4, 2012 5:00 am  #32

Well,  I  too  don't  go to theatres much,  mainly  cos I am deaf  and cannot understand spoken words.   So,  I wait for the home videos cos then I get the subtitles or the closed captioning.   BUT  there are some movies which are well worth the money,  And this movie,  in my  opinion,  would be worth it.   I  know there's other reasons not to go, so the decision is really up to you.   But I intend to see this movie,  one way or the other.   Martin  is such a CUTE  young hobbit,  with that red/brown hair!!   And  this hobbit  is  the right age.   I've read the book.  I  can't WAIT  to see how Peter Jackson made this movie,  with the dwarves being bigger than the hobbit.   Yeah....the hobbit is supposed to be smaller than the people he travels with.   I  loved the LOTR trilogy.   This is a prequel, about how Frodo Baggins got the One True Ring.   Marin of course plays Bilbo Baggins.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

December 11, 2012 7:52 am  #33

i dint know if this has been mentiond but take a look at this it nearly wasn't martin as biblo
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-12-06/martin-freeman-sherlock-almost-stopped-me-doing-the-hobbit

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all lifes end all hearts are broken caring is not an avantage sherlock

December 11, 2012 1:03 pm  #34

Of course he is to a children's entertainer. We all know Rich Brook is! 

December 11, 2012 1:14 pm  #35

I've got my midnight premiere tickets for The Hobbit!  I can't wait to see it, even if Smaug doesn't show up until the next movie. I must admit I'll be thinking of John every time I see Bilbo, much as I try not to (I'msoobsessed).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

December 12, 2012 6:41 pm  #36

Oh no... I just saw the german trailer... Johns uh... what am I saying, Martins or Bilbos voice in German doesn't sound good...
I don't know whether I can watch it like that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTJoEr9oDp4

December 12, 2012 6:50 pm  #37

sounds so wrong

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all lifes end all hearts are broken caring is not an avantage sherlock

December 12, 2012 6:50 pm  #38

Lelli wrote:

Oh no... I just saw the german trailer... Johns uh... what am I saying, Martins or Bilbos voice in German doesn't sound good...
I don't know whether I can watch it like that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTJoEr9oDp4

Search for an original version (OV or OmU); I'm doing the same right now. Not easy when you live in a small town.....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 12, 2012 7:11 pm  #39

Martin is gona meet "His Royal Highness" soon.... And Amanda looks as if she can't wait. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 12, 2012 7:19 pm  #40

Mattlocked wrote:

Search for an original version (OV or OmU); I'm doing the same right now. Not easy when you live in a small town.....

"Small town" isn't the problem - the country is!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera