BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2012 6:52 am  #1

Any Star Trek fans?

I recently heard that Benedict Cumberbatch is going to play the villain in the new star trek movie. And god i was exited! The auctor of my favorite series, playing in my second favorite series, Star Trek!

Are any of you exited about Benedict playing in Star Trek? Do we have any othe Star Trek fans here? 

And if anyone is interested, here is the link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/jan/05/benedict-cumberbatch-star-trek-villian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 15, 2012 11:54 am  #2

Re: Any Star Trek fans?

Ahhhh he will be a very good villian

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 17, 2012 12:20 am  #3

I really loved the original series and also the one with Picard but not the most modern ones. LOVED the film and looking forward to the next one immensely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 17, 2012 2:00 am  #4

i loved TOS & TNG  when i was young (still have a speacial place in my heart tho) couldn't get into DS9 and my first propper crush on a guy was Tom Paris in Voyager.... ahhhh... young love. of couse i now have Benedict .. YUMMY!!! i could eat him up with cohocolate sauce
not watched trek for ages...

can't wait to see the new film xx

John Watson: [slowly, grudgingly.] That was amazing.
Sherlock Holmes: [deadpan.] You think so?
John Watson: Of course it was. It was extraordinary. It was quite... extraordinary.
Sherlock Holmes: That’s not what people normally say.
John Watson: What do people normally say?
Sherlock Holmes: "Piss off!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 19, 2012 7:06 am  #5

I am really looking forward to the film to  it will probably be great! TOS was best in my opinion, but i loved both DS9 and TNG to!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 19, 2012 7:56 am  #6

But we have to wait a long time ..,.
Bah!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 19, 2012 11:05 am  #7

Longer than we'll have to wait for Series 3?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 19, 2012 4:14 pm  #8

Hmm, i dont know. I think series 3 will come out after The Star Trek movie. But i am not really sure. But personally i hope Series 3 come out first. Nothing beats the Baker Street boys! 

April 11, 2012 2:23 am  #9

I watched TNG, TNG movies and some of the original movies, so I'm kind of a Star trek fan. I didn't like the new one, but I'll watch the sequel only for Cumberbatch .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

April 11, 2012 3:17 am  #10

I watched only really Voyager and some films, some DS9

Love my Trek but not a die hard fan.

Looking forward to Ben as a sci fi villain though. New genre for him I'm pretty sure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 22, 2012 6:08 pm  #11

Love Star Trek..and I used to be a hard core trekkie as a teen (hangs head in shame)
TOS, TNG, Voy were the best.. DS9 imho was rubbish..

Watson: Anytime you want to include me... "No, I'm Sherlock Holmes. I always work alone because no one else can compete with my massive intellect!"

April 22, 2012 6:42 pm  #12

Was an enormous fan of the original Star Trek when I was at school. I was totally smitten by Captain James T. Kirk a.k.a. William Shatner (Canadians be proud!) and Mr. Spock. We used to go around practising the Vulcan neck pinch thing on each other, especially to relieve the boredom of the dinner queue!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 23, 2012 7:41 am  #13

I'm a kind of fan. I've seen the new film and I'm desperate to see the originals! I'm just so happy that Benedict's in it, because he's me favorite actor!!! =) =) =)
My parents love it. My dad has a star trek dressing gown. He loves it! He was even going to dress up as captain kirk for Halloween! =)

DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

April 24, 2012 1:29 pm  #14

I've seen the original movies and watched a lot of TNG, Voyager, and Enterprise, and I can definitely say that I am a fan. Maybe not quite as radical a fan as I am about other things, but definitely a fan. ;D Me and my brother used to watch it when we were younger, and we loved doing that Vulcan "live long and prosper" thing, haha.
I was so excited to hear that Benedict will be playing in the next ST movie! I think he'll do an amazing job, and though ST 2009 wasn't exactly my 'favorite' movie, I'll definitely go see this next one just to see him in it. :D

@YSH : The originals are much better than the new film, in my opinion anyways. ;) I think you'll like them, if you don't mind the not-as-good-but-not-bad quality of the special effects. ;P

Last edited by 42_and_221B (April 24, 2012 1:30 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

April 26, 2012 5:38 am  #15

(btw, great tagline,  42_and_221B!)   Apologies if this link was posted previously,  but it's so enjoyable to compare
the 2 franchises.   I love the concept that "these two worlds have rebooted so cleanly into this century" -

http://www.dianeduane.com/outofambit/2012/02/02/the-starship-and-the-upstairs-flat/

April 26, 2012 7:08 pm  #16

@jenosborn : Haha, thanks! Great article, I really enjoyed reading it. I always thought it was cool how Star Trek referenced Sherlock Holmes -- the episode with Moriarty was one of my favorites because it sort of combined the two worlds. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

April 27, 2012 12:37 am  #17

I loved those holodeck Sherlock Holmes simulations too!    I think Moriarty comes back in a 2nd TNG episode,  again as Data's
adversary..  The 'is this real or is this Holodeck?' mind games were very clever,  with Moriarty temporarily outwitting
Picard who gives him computer command code access to the Enterprise controls, by mistake...   all sounding wonderfully familiar.

April 27, 2012 1:00 am  #18

Ah, yes, the second episode must've been the one I saw. ;) I didn't see the one with Picard giving him the code... familiar indeed! :D I'll have to go back and watch that now. I did always love the "real or holodeck" thing too -- how it kinda blurred the line between what's real and what's not.

DON'T PANIC

May 22, 2012 10:20 pm  #19

yeah!!!   I  watched some of  TOS,   most of  TNG, Voyager,  DS9,  and then Enterprise.   I  even got some autographs frm  some of the stars in TNG.  Got  one from Scott Bakula  (Enterprise captain archer)  when he was doing Quantum Leap.   Yep  I  still have them.   

Yep,  Benedict  IS  in  the Newest ST  film.   Know  who he plays?   KAHN!!   Yep---  him  with orange-ish  hair.....I  wonder if he plays the actual KAHN  or  is it the SON  of Kahn?   we'll hafta  find out  when the film comes out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

May 23, 2012 11:27 am  #20

Just watching the original series digitally remastered. Brings back memories.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera