BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 6, 2012 9:00 pm  #21

Re: Crying, will series 3 be the finale?

Well yes, we need our boys reunited.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 26, 2013 1:30 am  #22

If this rumor came from the newspapers remember that newspapers also said Sherlock was a fake. They're fairytales.
Now Benedict said he had signed up for two more seasons. So we know there will be season 4.
It is also profitable to continue the series due to its popularity. We all know what a big motivator money is.
And if there is no other choice we can always kidnap Moffat and Gatiss and force them to write more. But you angels might not agree to that.
-JM

"In a world filled with locked doors, the man with the key is king, and honey, you should see me in a crown."

"Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain. You need me or you're nothing. Because we're just alike, you and I, except you're boring. You're on the side of the angels."

"You're insane."
"You're just getting that now?"

"We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside us." 

May 26, 2013 2:58 am  #23

Milad wrote:

Resisting the urge to cry at work! Say it aint soo! This show is so amazing, I cant see the actors thinking that hollywood movies are worth not just this show in totality but even a single episode blows most of what hollywood puts out.

-Laters,
Sobbing like a lil'beotch

Why would you think this?  Every one of the principles has said they want to do the show until Sherlock and John are old roomates together, just like the Canon.

When Martin Freeman was offerred The Hobbit 2/3, he actually turned it down because it would  mean he couldn't do Sherlock, so THEY REVISED THE HOBBIT SCHEDULE to accomodate him.

Remember:

Just - don't believe every rumor that comes your way. 

May 26, 2013 6:44 am  #24

As much as it's annoying there is so much time between each series maybe it's a good thing too.

If the actors had to commit every year to the show they would eventually need to leave to pursue other projects. Instead, the show, and other projects, seem to fit around them. They could go on for years!

I'm certainly hoping so x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

May 26, 2013 7:47 am  #25

Sherlockian Always wrote:

And if there is no other choice we can always kidnap Moffat and Gatiss and force them to write more. But you angels might not agree to that.
-JM

If you knew how much I do agree with that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 26, 2013 7:49 am  #26

I really don't think this will be necessary!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 26, 2013 8:26 am  #27

Me neither. They will continue filming Sherlock until it's not possible anymore.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 26, 2013 9:20 am  #28

Honestly, the filming really doesn't take long especially when you compare it to the length some feature films take to film. It would be relatively easy to fit other work in around filming or to drop out of a film, if necessary, if there was a clash of scheduling. It happens. Witness the mess that has been the filming (attempted) of Jane Got A Gun (they even lost the director on the first day of shooting!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 26, 2013 10:52 am  #29

I think the problem of continuing the show might not be the schedule but the fact the show has been so high quality right from the start and has had this big shocking event at the end of series two already, so that it will be difficult to stay on this level. If they try to overtrump the last series' finale again and again it will become unrealistic at some point and if they go for something less dramatic the show might not be able to maintain the standard it has now.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

May 26, 2013 10:55 am  #30

Hm, and at some point all canon storys would have been done. Oh well... 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 26, 2013 11:13 am  #31

I don't fear that so much, there is enough material to go on for a really long time!

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

May 26, 2013 2:17 pm  #32

Oh I hope they don't end it..., if they did though, I could live with it...I'd just be depressed for a little while  . It's a great show, everyone involved has done (and from what I've seen so far) is doing a fantastic job! I am so grateful for the seasons we have now, and seeing Sherlock return in series 3 will be awesome!  They do have a lot of material to keep going for a long time...I hope they do 

-------------------------------------------------------

May 26, 2013 3:39 pm  #33

Mary Me wrote:

That doesn't mean they can't continue. The writers could surprise us with new storylines. It's been done before with Inspector Morse back in the 1990's. It ran for years, well past the amount of novels written. About 30 more episodes than books, I think. The writing was so good and in keeping with the character it seemed like canon.

I guess I just don't want the show to end. I'll still watch Sherlock when he's grey x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

May 26, 2013 3:53 pm  #34

nicbooful wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

That doesn't mean they can't continue. The writers could surprise us with new storylines. It's been done before with Inspector Morse back in the 1990's. It ran for years, well past the amount of novels written. About 30 more episodes than books, I think. The writing was so good and in keeping with the character it seemed like canon.

I guess I just don't want the show to end. I'll still watch Sherlock when he's grey x

Yeah, but the brilliance behind Sherlock is that they take things from the canon and make something new of it. Of course it would be also fun to watch if they come up with new ideas.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera