BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 25, 2012 7:21 pm  #1

Thieving Magpie

The piece of music La Gazza Ladra (The Thieving Magpie by Rossini) which is played whilst Moriarty beaks in to 'steal the crown jewels' works so well on so many different levels.

I just love the way that Andrew Scott dances along to the music.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 25, 2012 7:22 pm  #2

Re: Thieving Magpie

Breaks not beaks! Lol! That looks like a deliberate pun, but I can assure you all that it was merely a typo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 25, 2012 8:41 pm  #3

Apparently the dancing part wasn't actually in the original script - he just did it randomly!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 25, 2012 8:58 pm  #4

Another reason to love Andrew Scott! If he just did that randomly, i would love to see the faces of the film crew XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 26, 2012 6:58 pm  #5

Just love the way the music builds into a crescendo and there he is in the crown etc.
'No rush!'

May 27, 2012 3:35 am  #6

@Sherlock He would! I love the psychotic smile he's got on his face through the whole thing. They picked the perfect piece of music.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

March 12, 2013 9:30 pm  #7

I have just realised that this piece is also used extensively in Stanley Kubrik's A Clockwork Orange.

Board footera