BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 17, 2013 8:22 am  #1

How do you think Sherlock is going to tell John that he's alive?

Personally, I think Sherlock's going to absentmindedly text John and tell him that they got a case.

"But sentiment! Sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side." - Sherlock Holmes

May 17, 2013 2:14 pm  #2

Re: How do you think Sherlock is going to tell John that he's alive?

You know that thing people sometimes do? When they send a text to the wrong person? Well...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 17, 2013 3:04 pm  #3

"I'm not dead. Let's have dinner."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 17, 2013 6:24 pm  #4

Mary Me wrote:

"I'm not dead. Let's have dinner."

Ok, you win the internet cookie for hitting the cringeworthy-yet-hilarious perfect quote tie-in reply.     

(also, 221B - belated welcome!    Not sure where it is right now, but I could have sworn there was a previous thread bantering about how Sherlock might show up, too, somewhere in this same board area along with the stuff on other characters and general ideas about the return, thought might have enjoyed reading all that stuff as well, sorry, not sure if got to yet already!  And so many ways could picture it going, too!  Texting idea you mentioned pretty fitting, for them... surely wouldn't be so simple as Sherlock showing up at John's door.  ;D  Can easily picture as well Sherlock wrapping up his pursuit of the network or a related case and it causing some danger or a sudden veering of his path back to London to a run-in with John, pulling them right into another chase together.  Or they'll make it like the canon story, with John unknowingly running into him in disguise, only to be shocked by it later and pulled right back into danger.)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 17, 2013 9:04 pm  #5

I always imagine there to happen something dangerous and Sherlock turning up to save the day, shocking everyone and especially John with his sudden appereance.

Whatever happens, I want it to be wonderful and emotional and tragic, so that I can cry and scream at the tv and melt down on the floor. Seriously, after waiting so long I need a wonderful reunion.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

May 18, 2013 1:19 am  #6

Lily wrote:

Whatever happens, I want it to be wonderful and emotional and tragic, so that I can cry and scream at the tv and melt down on the floor. Seriously, after waiting so long I need a wonderful reunion.

I fear that since the Moftiss knows this is what all the fans want, they will find some way to thwart a wonderful reunion, leaving us to gnash our teeth in frustration; however, I do expect there will be something emotional, shocking or otherwise amazing just when we've given up hope and least expect it . So hold on - it's gonna be a roller coaster ride.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 18, 2013 3:31 am  #7

KeepersPrice wrote:

Lily wrote:

I fear that since the Moftiss knows this is what all the fans want, they will find some way to thwart a wonderful reunion, leaving us to gnash our teeth in frustration; however, I do expect there will be something emotional, shocking or otherwise amazing just when we've given up hope and least expect it . So hold on - it's gonna be a roller coaster ride.

Both of you -   This.         Argh... the second series wasn't nearly this 'weighted' by everything as is now!  ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

May 18, 2013 11:55 am  #8

Russell wrote:

Both of you -   This.         Argh... the second series wasn't nearly this 'weighted' by everything as is now!  ;D

Absolutely - and the Moftiss is well aware of the very high expectations out there. The quality of the series has been high and they know they have a lot to live up to. Something is gonna happen, somewhere in one of the next three - don't know what, don't know when - but I'm sure they will "get" us somehow just like they did at the end of S2.  The big things we've been waiting for like the 'reveal' and the 'reunion' could be relegated to minor, but something else will take it's place.  And I don't foresee this turning into a soap opera either. The domestic side of 221B is a pleasure for us fans, but the driving force remains the cases and the amazing deductions.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 21, 2013 12:40 pm  #9

KeepersPrice wrote:

Lily wrote:

I want to see a wonderful reunion too! Though I picture it going something like this "John sees Sherlock...John is in shock, Sherlock says something...John walks forward...hugs Sherlock, Sherlock is somewhat surprised...John pulls away...punches Sherlock and starts cursing and shouting at him..." I don't know, could be wrong , but I do agree with what Moffat or Gatiss said, it does seem more likely that, unlike Watson in the books, a long string of swear words is more likely than John simply fainting.
I do agree with what others have said though, it feels like Sherlock could show up suddenly in a dangerous situation much to everyone's surprise. Still, it is one of those scenes that has extremely high expectations from fans, but considering the awesomeness that has transpired so far...I have faith that Moffat and Gatiss will deliever us an appropriate and awesome reunion, though it may be different than some of us had hoped. We'll see  ...Sadly, I don't have TV so I'll have to wait until the show comes out on DVD to find out  ...I may just have to go ahead and spoil myself about that one point so I can survive a little bit longer 

-------------------------------------------------------

May 22, 2013 3:35 am  #10

KP and Silver -- Exactly!!!   I've seen a few fans here and there go something along the lines of "but why would John hurt Sherlock?  BFFs always and he would be so happy and after all Sherlock did to protect them?"   Well... uh...  yeah, but you forget John's just as strong and firm with his opinions with Sherlock, and wouldn't know why right away why he had done it... simply suddenly have his best friend thrown back in, and understandably be both elated and angry.  I personally look forward to seeing how they bump heads!     (and then a touching ending.  . . . right??)

May 23, 2013 7:58 am  #11

ach, I just watched the final 'Doctor Who', and am now setting all my hopes on Gatiss to deliver a spectacular reunion - Moffat needs a screen writer partner to bounce his ideas off!

Board footera