BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 20, 2012 12:34 pm  #1

Anyone keenly anticipating The Eurovision Song Contest?

Our multinational, annual, cultural music (!?) fest.

Personally I love it for the voting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 20, 2012 1:31 pm  #2

Re: Anyone keenly anticipating The Eurovision Song Contest?

I'm not so much into this kind of music festivals (I am a bit of a "classical" music nerd) but I have some friends that love it. We're having something like an Eurovision party next Saturday. We'll join in a friend's house to have dinner and watch the show and then make our own poll and votations. It's always funny 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 20, 2012 2:00 pm  #3

With Englebert Humperdink as our representative? Are you being serious? At least that's a connection to the classical for Irene.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 20, 2012 2:08 pm  #4

Actually, not exactly my kind of music, but...
Last year's Song Contest was held in Düsseldorf as you know. As my son was kind of involved with some Eastern European Eurovision delegation he received free tickets for the semi finals as well as for the final and even the aftershow party. I had the honour of accompanying him to all the events and, well, it was great fun! Not for the music's sake – but for meeting all the people from the European delegations and talking to people you normally know from the telly or politics. It was a huge party for several days and I wouldn't have missed it!
So, this year…I will be watching it in front of the telly for a change I guess.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 20, 2012 2:10 pm  #5

Davina wrote:

With Englebert Humperdink as our representative? Are you being serious? At least that's a connection to the classical for Irene.

Not enough classical, I'm afraid, but it could work...

Do you imagine an Eurovision festival where music was all Beethoven, Schubert, Bach, Prokofiev or Debussy? Heaven for me, but I don't think it would be as popular as actual Eurovision...

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 20, 2012 5:16 pm  #6

Or as tacky!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera