BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 1, 2013 4:45 pm  #1

Sherlock's new violin!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 1, 2013 4:49 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock's new violin!

Very interesting. And non-spoilerish. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 1, 2013 4:53 pm  #3

What happened to the old violin then? Uh, don't tell me John sold it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 1, 2013 4:59 pm  #4

No. He placed it on his coffin. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 1, 2013 5:11 pm  #5

SusiGo wrote:

Sobbing now.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 1, 2013 6:12 pm  #6

SusiGo wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

May 1, 2013 9:52 pm  #7

No, the violin of series 2 knows the computer key code and is now on a witness protection scheme. In America.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 2, 2013 6:41 am  #8

tobeornot221b wrote:

No, the violin of series 2 knows the computer key code and is now on a witness protection scheme. In America.

I like that more... much less depressing!

================================================================

May 2, 2013 7:35 am  #9

Maybe in a safe house? (Any one seen that movie by the way? Should be called 'Unsafe House'. )That's a house where you shout 'Vatican Cameos' as you open the front door and duck. 

Last edited by Davina (May 2, 2013 7:36 am)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 2, 2013 8:21 am  #10

That reminds me of the old violin of my great uncle. My mother has it. I think I need to visit her again soon....   

Last edited by Mattlocked (May 2, 2013 8:21 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

May 2, 2013 8:23 am  #11

Yes, it could get a place of honour together with the DVDs and your Sherlock statue. 

May 2, 2013 10:39 am  #12

tobeornot221b wrote:

I like that more too. Maybe the violin meets Irene there and they have a small chat...

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

May 2, 2013 8:49 pm  #13

Mary Me wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

I like that more too. Maybe the violin meets Irene there and they have a small chat...

The violin is about to get all its strings cut off when Sherlock jumps in in disguise and saves it.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 24, 2013 2:04 pm  #14

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wall had it coming.

July 4, 2016 9:35 am  #15

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 4, 2016 2:15 pm  #16

That would be cool!

Clueing for looks.

May 4, 2017 4:30 pm  #17

Interesting, they did  not try to give him a Stradivarius violin , even as a  budget China copy.
I'm really frustrated about Sherlock’s modern instrument.

Mr. Holmes should have a fine Stradivarius one, bought  in Tottenham Court Road for 55 shillings, although it was worth at least  500 guineas. 😉 (The Adventure of the Cardboard Box, 1892)
There could be a nice story about it!

Last edited by DramaQueen (May 4, 2017 4:32 pm)

Men should be what they seem, 
Or those that be not, would they might seem none!

May 4, 2017 11:25 pm  #18

Perhaps if we ever get another series? Or perhaps despite the original stories, this version of Sherlock is more practical? I know he's dramatic in a lot of ways, but maybe when it comes to the instrument it doesn't have to necessarily be the best of the best?

Clueing for looks.

May 5, 2017 7:18 pm  #19

You're right perhaps.
But if we'd pay attention to all the even small details, we'd notice how precise and highly valued by the creators they are. Therefore I would expect to see an old  violin at least. Imho. 😊
As I saw it the first time, I was immediately disappointed , missing this wonderful if also not too important for many detail.

Btw, thanks for your answer, Yitzock! 🙋

Men should be what they seem, 
Or those that be not, would they might seem none!

May 5, 2017 8:29 pm  #20

I can understand why one might make it an old one or a new one. I don't know, of course, how much or how little thought was put into the choice of instrument by the production team.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera