BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 15, 2012 10:00 am  #1

Sherlock's Skull

Does anyone else have a skull? Mine arrived in the post this morning, I'm so happy!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 15, 2012 12:51 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock's Skull

Your skull looks quite pleased with itself too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 15, 2012 3:11 pm  #3

where did you get it from?

I <3 Sherlock Holmes
    Twitter = @ellen_lowe

May 16, 2012 12:03 am  #4

It was off eBay.

He's very pleased with himself. He grins constantly. I've named him Hamish.

May 16, 2012 3:08 am  #5

Love your skull!    Here's my skull.   He's a marble skull/book paperweight my dad had from the 1940's.
He loves to read.

May 16, 2012 3:12 am  #6

I suppose if I mentioned Murray was my skull no-one would know what I was talking about?

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 16, 2012 3:44 am  #7

Oh I know that reference. But I can't place it. I wanna say Monkey Island?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 16, 2012 3:46 am  #8

You would be right Wholocked!!

Well played!

-m0r

May 16, 2012 3:51 am  #9

Woo hoo! I am the legendary gamer geektress!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 16, 2012 3:55 am  #10

Adventure games, to me at least, were one of the first ways to try and deduce what was going on with something.

Funnily enough it was poetry second to that - it's amazing how we are each shaped eh?

-m0r

May 16, 2012 4:53 am  #11

I've never really understood poetry. For me it's always been fantasy novels, RPG/Adventure games, preferably ones with puzzles - like Myst!

May 16, 2012 5:13 am  #12

Sierra On-Line man myself, and before that various ZX spectrum games - but Zork, Dungeon Master, Loom and Populous have always been up there for me.

Can't say much for fantasy novels apart from Robin Hobbs - but I'm into Sci-Fi if that helps bridge the gap.

-m0r

May 16, 2012 7:05 am  #13

Oh I love the Assassin Trilogy by Robin Hobbs. Didn't enjoy the ships series as much.

I love sci-fi films & tv but not books.

Anyone else wanna weigh in on the geekout?

May 16, 2012 7:45 am  #14

Woah, off topic, lol.

But yeah, big fan of Monkey Island! Very addictive.

May 16, 2012 11:32 am  #15

Haven't read the right sic-fi books then! Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 16, 2012 7:40 pm  #16

Another Robin Hobbs fan here! I think she has something new out.

May 16, 2012 7:55 pm  #17

Apparently so, something called 'The Rain Wild Chronicles' which will be released in its full format next year.

I've managed to speak with her before online, she's a very nice lady.

But if you'd like to speak to her then tonight she is on Reddit where you can AMA (Ask me anything).

I think you post up a question and hope it gets answered. There are +1 and -1 votes next to each question so other fans can move you up or down depending upon how good your question is - but it's all still chance (At least the massive ones I've been to before).

I think Robin's might be a more cosy affair.

Might see you there!

-m0r

Board footera