BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2013 9:41 pm  #41

Re: Is Moriarty dead?

Well I'm certainly glad Andrew is and I'm gonna miss him so much...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 21, 2013 9:59 pm  #42

Yeah it ws partly the problem of not knowing how many series they were gonna get, but also they didn't see the point in keeping Moriarty back.  Then once he was there, he quickly ran his course...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 22, 2013 6:25 am  #43

SherlockHound wrote:

I hope I don't offend anyone here but I don't agree with the subset of people who also keep demanding that they put more episodes into a season or complaining, "It was great but why so few episodes?!".
This doesn't bother me at all - I prefer quality over quantity by far...

True...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 22, 2013 6:38 am  #44

Certainly in recent yeras that has been an absdolute pain.But I do like to think that kind of thing has subsided now, along with the: 'why do we have to wait so long between series' brigade.

March 23, 2013 2:19 pm  #45

I would hope he is death.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

March 23, 2013 2:49 pm  #46

He is.  But I'll  miss him.

December 13, 2013 12:05 am  #47

Hate to say this, but if you go to the BBC store and pre-order series 3 in dvd or blue ray, and click on the description of the contents of series 3, this question and others are inadvertently answered.

December 13, 2013 12:40 am  #48

SherlockHound wrote:

Well it's fabulous how it's been done so I guess we can't complain.

I hope I don't offend anyone here but I don't agree with the subset of people who also keep demanding that they put more episodes into a season or complaining, "It was great but why so few episodes?!".
This doesn't bother me at all - I prefer quality over quantity by far...

Amen.  The way Sherlock is presented to us is part of the magic.  I've had shows that I loved and was obsessed with that eventually ran out of steam long before they came to an end.  It's terribly difficult to produce 20-24 episodes a year and not have a few that are lackluster or filler.  Sherlock always leaves you wanting more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 15, 2013 9:37 pm  #49

Well.

I think he is a good character. I'd have certainly been happy with him in more episodes.

But. I think he carries out a specific purpose and that purpose is over. Moriaty-in all Sherlockiana- is a very 2D character anyway. He's basically there to be chillingly evil, the only differnence is what the directors of a particular show see as chillingly evil. This Moriaty was a bit different in that he wasn't a posh English guy, but that was about it. The Moriaty role doesn't change hugely IMO. 

(interestingly, while I think he's always 2D in the films, he really tends not to be in pastiche. He's normally a moral villain there).

So, I think while I really enjoy the character, he does also belong in a specific time and he kind of stops Sherlock from growing up, iykwim. So yes I think he has to be dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

December 15, 2013 9:39 pm  #50

Just as well he is then!

Board footera