BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2013 4:12 pm  #1

Role Play via e-mail

Hey guys,

been reading this forum for a long time, but now time has finally come to register. Im real excited to become part of this.

To start with, I must confess you made me a huge fan of role play. Thats why my first post is in this thread.

I would totally love it if you got to my site the-consulting-detective.com to start role-playing. That page isnt commercial, obviously, so I hope this agrees with the boards terms.

See you!
TCD

February 27, 2013 3:58 pm  #2

Re: Role Play via e-mail

That looks like a brilliant idea!

I've signed up. Hope to hear about a new case soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 27, 2013 4:01 pm  #3

Me too. Sounds like fun.

(Even though I would always prefer to play the part of "J.W.". You are not planning on expanding your role-play so that teams of two can join?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 27, 2013 6:18 pm  #4

Four of you already signed up. I guess we just try it out, see if it works.

@Schmiezi
Let`s just wait if this works at all, then we can talk about expanding.

February 27, 2013 6:28 pm  #5

So the next step will be sending an email... to the email-adress with the Umlaut?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 27, 2013 6:32 pm  #6

info@the-consulting-detective.com

March 4, 2013 4:20 pm  #7

Hope I'm not too annoying but... I've sent email last Thursday bur there's still no reply. Did I do something wrong, or do you just need time to respond?
I don't want to get on your nerves, just make sure I did it right...

March 4, 2013 4:58 pm  #8

I don't know why it didn't work for you. I got an answer quite fast (about an hour later) but I had to stop playing when I realised that it was taking too much of time do play this game. I'm sure it's fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 4, 2013 7:53 pm  #9

I played it and completed it - it was brilliant! I felt like a real Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 5, 2013 5:12 am  #10

Maybe my first email was too ...Sherlock-like.  I should make up an imaginary John to apologise for it and see if I'll get an answer afterwards.

March 5, 2013 11:42 am  #11

What the hell did you say?!

March 5, 2013 4:49 pm  #12

Oh Lord! Sherlock is, of course, well-known for his tact and diplomacy!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 5, 2013 5:50 pm  #13

I basically told him that his case is boring because he's a banker and what's so surprising about a banker's wife being unhappy enough to commit suicide... But that I don't want to be annoyed by John so I would generously take a look at her note.

March 6, 2013 12:18 pm  #14

Not Available At The Moment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

March 6, 2013 3:33 pm  #15

Yes, I've got a very nice response yesterday. No need to send John to apologise...

Actually they are re-thinking the plot of the role-game. Once it is improved it will start with another test run.

Board footera