BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 6, 2012 9:02 pm  #1

L.A. Times

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-sherlock-20120504,0,2718136.story

A pleasant review of series 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 7, 2012 3:36 am  #2

Re: L.A. Times

Cumberbatch, the most physically beautiful man to inhabit the role thus far

And with the above quote, even more than her name in her email address, tells us the review was written by a woman. LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 7, 2012 11:53 am  #3

This a well written article though she clearly fancies Benedict. I've picked out the parts I especially liked:
' Aquamarine and alabaster radiance.' A good description.
'Seduction through deduction...Cumberbatch...infuses his Sherlock with a passion that is as dangerously intense as it is highly selective.'
'This Sherlock is a man of painfully restrained passion. His mind may whirl at breakneck speed ...but his heart beats(sic) never far behind.'
'Freeman capturing the careful balance of fascination, irritation, admiration and love with a subtle mastery.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 7, 2012 1:47 pm  #4

This a well written article though she clearly fancies Benedict. I've picked out the parts I especially liked:
' Aquamarine and alabaster radiance.' A good description.
'Seduction through deduction...Cumberbatch...infuses his Sherlock with a passion that is as dangerously intense as it is highly selective.'

Davina wrote:

'This Sherlock is a man of painfully restrained passion. His mind may whirl at breakneck speed ...but his heart beats(sic) never far behind.'
'Freeman capturing the careful balance of fascination, irritation, admiration and love with a subtle mastery.'

My favourite bits too!

May 7, 2012 3:50 pm  #5

"Aquamarine and alabaster radiance.", it's true, but that makes me laugh. And, yes, she seems to like him a lot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

Board footera