BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 21, 2013 6:22 pm  #41

Re: The amazing Louise Brealey - discussions, interviews & work

Curly brown Scouse wig...sounds like Bilbo Baggins. Does everyone understand the reference to 'Scouse'?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 21, 2013 6:42 pm  #42

I once knew it but had to look it up. But I'm not sure what Liverpool and the wig … ah, the Beatles, maybe? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 21, 2013 6:55 pm  #43

It's more kind of Liverpool footballers, soap stars and comedy characters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 22, 2013 10:41 am  #44

Kevin Keegan in the 1980s springs immediately to mind. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 22, 2013 10:48 am  #45

Thanks for the explanation. I remember Kevin, he used to play in Germany. Ghastly hairstyle. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 7, 2013 8:23 am  #46

Louis's latest tweet made me smile. She said she dreamt about doing a scene in bed with Rupert Graves (!) in the next series and all she could say was she didn't have any makeup on.

March 7, 2013 9:35 am  #47

Even her non-Sherlock tweets are lovely and funny. Did you see the ones about the muscular man with the motor saw in the tree next to her home? Great woman. 

March 7, 2013 11:25 am  #48

She is a girl alright. She followed the last tweet with the fact that envy one was watching in her dream but that she has had worse anxiety dreams. 

March 15, 2013 10:16 pm  #49

I must sheepishly admit I don't pay as much time catching articles and little blips online about our lovely Miss Brealey as I pay attention to the boys, but more and more of the little things I've come across, or seen you guys post, or her cute tweets about dreams or answering fan's questions, not to mention in hindsight appreciating the job she did with Molly… realizing more that she's kind of wonderfully awesome in real life, isn't she?  (and yes, I'm sure most of you already know that)   

Of course, part of the reason I post that now, is because I just came across this, despite being posted a while back (thanks to deciding to follow her tweets, which are equally fun):  http://onyellowpaper.tumblr.com/post/37720038781/what-molly-did-next
She's seriously cool… love how she talks about all that stuff, when it's easy to think actors/actresses by nature are confident/less shy, because they put themselves on stage/camera?  And just how sweet she seems, and playfully quipping about stuff in there, and other articles, and her tweets, and how she was, with Benedict, at that Cheltenham thing….   god love her.       Can't wait to see where they take off with her next series!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 27, 2013 10:11 pm  #50

Happy Birthday, Louise. And she got a nice present as well:

Louise Brealey ‏@louisebrealey 8h
Benedict just let me fiddle with his damp hair as a birthday treat. Apparently you have to 'twist and diffuse'. Gulp.

March 27, 2013 10:18 pm  #51

WANT 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 27, 2013 10:24 pm  #52

I must admit to the deadly sin of envy. 

March 28, 2013 6:44 am  #53

I so want Benedict+ Louise to happen, but sadly I don't think it ever will.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 28, 2013 11:37 am  #54

She's a doll. We should send her an invite....

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 28, 2013 4:32 pm  #55

Ivy wrote:

She's a doll. We should send her an invite....

Seriously, the more little quips I started reading about her, the more definitely came across as adorably awesome.  She's one of us!  ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 29, 2013 3:17 pm  #56

She is a so awesome and gives Molly a fullness that probably is better than how she is written in the episodes. I love that she's no apologetic about being a feminist but still like men but not all the fuss that women go through.

I also find her tweets about her co-stars amusing. After seeing Lestrade reaction to Molly, she tweeted that she needs to talk to Rupert about stealing her scenes in the background! Apparently she never realized what he was doing during that scene.  She and Gatiss also know how to get a rise out of the fangirls without coming across like a twat. 

And would love to see Molly and Lestrade in a relationship. They are the two nicest characters in the show that constantly seem to be knocked down. A little happiness, please.

March 29, 2013 5:11 pm  #57

Ooh hadn't though of that pairing, yes please!

April 28, 2013 11:48 am  #58

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

April 28, 2013 12:00 pm  #59

She's so lovely. 

April 28, 2013 1:59 pm  #60

For god sake Benedict,ask her out!

Board footera