BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2013 5:53 pm  #1

John Sort of Figures it Out... But First the Angst!

Half-Life

This one was posted a few weeks ago on AO3.  My first "Sherlock" fanfic, though I had another life in another fandom years ago.  

http://archiveofourown.org/works/617894

You can read it as friendship or you can put your Johnlock goggles on.  "Reichenbach" is kind of gruesome, and this story reflects that - probably not good for people too sensitive to watch the last 20 minutes.

John... in the first few months after Sherlock jumps.  There were clues for him, right?  He wouldn't be completely surprised.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.  This is an enormous and prolific fandom - tough to get a toe-hold!

Fillyjonk

Check my Tumblr for a musical tribute to Sherlock's devotion during series 3.
http://imtooticky.tumblr.com

January 20, 2013 7:19 pm  #2

Re: John Sort of Figures it Out... But First the Angst!

That was beautiful. Really good. Haunting and impressive. Would love to read more. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 20, 2013 7:55 pm  #3

Re: John Sort of Figures it Out... But First the Angst!

John's pain and angst are palpable - very well observed. I was going through everything with him and never was more excited about becoming aware of that violin playing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera