BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 9, 2012 11:31 am  #41

Re: Benedict's voice

Drowning? I prefer being wrapped in it like in a very thick and big cosy blanket. Not necessarily in an orange one...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 29, 2012 4:47 pm  #42

Listen to a sample of Benedict reading "The Snowman and the Snowdog". So sweet. 

http://bbcsherlockftw.tumblr.com/

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 29, 2012 5:00 pm  #43

Wonderful...I could listen to him all day long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 11, 2013 9:58 pm  #44

I had never bought an audiobook before The Batch, and when I looked for one, of course it had to be Casanova (beats Ngaoi Marsh doesn't it). I was worried that I wouldn't understand well but I can catch most of what he says even without subtitles...I listen to it when I'm alone, wouldn't do while I'm commuting, makes me feel funny all over and I'm sure it must show...

January 12, 2013 10:52 pm  #45

By the way I love this description of his voice : "brushed-suede vowels", from this article :

http://cumberbatchattack.tumblr.com/image/40013769781

January 13, 2013 4:23 am  #46

biscuitbear wrote:

By the way I love this description of his voice : "brushed-suede vowels".

I love that description too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

February 6, 2013 4:01 pm  #47

I'll just... Leave... This... Here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3665246.stm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

February 6, 2013 6:03 pm  #48

Ooo err!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 6, 2013 6:31 pm  #49

isn´t it unfair that one man has so many attractive stuff in one? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 6, 2013 6:47 pm  #50

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

No, what's unfair is that there is only one of him to go around and so many of us

Disguise is always a self portrait

February 6, 2013 7:09 pm  #51

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

No, what's unfair is that there is only one of him to go around and so many of us

But he goes around quite a lot......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

February 6, 2013 8:28 pm  #52

February 9, 2013 7:49 pm  #53

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 23, 2013 8:58 am  #54

Ahaha I loved the impressions he did. I love his voice. He's one of the 3 persons in the whole world whose speaking voice simply captivates me. I could just listen to it for hours without necessarily listening to what he's saying. I think that might be annoying for him if he were ever to have a conversation with me.

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 16, 2013 10:17 am  #55

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."

March 17, 2013 10:53 am  #56

March 17, 2013 11:10 am  #57

Oh, this is lovely. Want to hear that on my birthday, too. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 24, 2013 8:45 am  #58

I'm not entirely sure what this is, I haven't been able to actually take in what he's saying, but it's so soothing.

http://musicislife1396.tumblr.com/post/46147078839/another-adoring-fan-that-voice

edit: Oh! It's Ode to a Nightingale. Silly me. 

Last edited by Sparrow (March 24, 2013 8:49 am)

March 24, 2013 9:11 am  #59

Thank you.
That was aboslutely fabulous.
I adore Keats, what a talent, what a legacy from one who died so young.
Benedict reads beautfiully.
I like the music too,but not sure it doesn't distract from the poetry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 24, 2013 9:21 am  #60

http://vimeo.com/55613288#at=0

Blake's 7 - The early years.  The trial

Board footera