BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2012 1:37 pm  #21

Re: POLL: Favourite character after Sherlock & John - Take 2

I decided for Mycroft. This guy is just great. I think he is very intresting and it's funny that he is often involved in these secet plots and gouvernment things. For example this plane in which all these corpses lie or the fact that he is the one who gave Moriarty all these informations about Sherlock. And I really love his umbrella...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, very clever, Worf. Eat any good books, lately?" -Q-

September 2, 2012 11:23 am  #22

Mattlocked wrote:

(I noticed 30 years ago that there is something with the bad and mad ones....  )

Agreed. I've always had a thing for villains.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 12, 2012 8:43 pm  #23

I voted Moriarty hahaha but Anderson is up there also. I perticuarly enjoy Sherlock making Anderson look like an idiot!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Look, I'm in shock, I have a blanket."
-- Sherlock

October 3, 2012 10:50 pm  #24

I voted for Molly because she's always there to encourage Sherlock, even when he's being....Sherlock. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 4, 2012 7:47 am  #25

Mycroft is such a mystery.  Would like to know more about both Holmes brothers youths, why they hate each other etc.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come On Jan already!

October 4, 2012 8:50 am  #26

Molly Hooper wrote:

What about Anderson, he needs love too!
(yeah right...)

He gets some kind of love from Donovan. Or something.

October 4, 2012 8:53 am  #27

veecee wrote:

But don't you wish they had showed a bit of him at the end, if not cured, at least relieved and able to function? I missed that. In the book we learn what happens to him after the adventure.

We may yet see more of our favorite villain. I do wonder what the writers have cooked up about Moriarty-- as others have said here, Andrew Scott's character was delicious, and IMO deserves to be seen again. I voted for him.

October 5, 2012 12:13 am  #28

I voted for Mrs Hudson. I think she's a bit of an anchor character. Sherlock only shows genuine warmth towards her; he seems to genuinely care about her and doesn't just use her and manipulate her. I think she humanises him and I think she's the only character that does. Molly is just someone he manipulates to get what he wants.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 5, 2012 1:10 am  #29

Wholocked wrote:

....Molly is just someone he manipulates to get what he wants.

He has a soft spot for her, though. At the Xmas party, when he bludgeoned his way around about the gift he'd found, thinking it was for her boyfriend, and come find out it was for him, he "ate humble pie" as well as he ever does, gave her a soft kiss on the cheek, and a "Merry Christmas, Molly Hooper" that was very sweet. And towards the end of TRF, when he knew he couldn't do what he'd planned on doing alone, he ate humble pie again, went to her very quietly and told her, "I need YOU." He does manipulate her, as he does everyone, but he seems to have "got it" that she's on his side, always, "Whatever you need...."

November 14, 2012 10:01 am  #30

It had to be Moriarty ..  He literally completes Sherlock..
Both of them would be relentlessly bored without each other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" When you've eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable it might seem, must be the truth."
- SH

December 10, 2012 4:03 pm  #31

you can guess who i voted for

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
all lifes end all hearts are broken caring is not an avantage sherlock

January 11, 2013 4:47 pm  #32

I can't decide! I love Lestrade, Mycroft, Molly, Mrs. Hudson and Moriarty (he is one of the top bad guys I've ever seen in any movie/series) just the same.  I don't really like Irene, but I loved her part in the series very much. If had to vote for the best actor (apart from Benedict and Martin, obviously), I would most definitely  pick Andrew Scott!   Also I always think: My god, the series'  Mycroft is so, so, so much better than the movie's version of him, although I like Stephen Fry.

Last edited by Hera (January 11, 2013 4:59 pm)

January 11, 2013 4:53 pm  #33

Haha, who voted for Anderson?
I voted for Mycroft.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 14, 2013 8:01 pm  #34

Lestrade. For filming Sherlock when he was drugged.
Although Mycroft is close behind.

Last edited by Lost (January 14, 2013 8:05 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------

February 2, 2013 12:24 pm  #35

Yeah, for me Lestrade is close behind Mycroft for his comment "Well, don't commit suicide". 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 3, 2013 5:06 am  #36

I do have to agree about Lestrade.   And with Rupert Graves,  they've cast someone whose charisma can match nearly anyone.   Such a treat.

February 21, 2013 12:17 am  #37

Denitely Molly. No - Mrs Hudson! No - Lestrade!

I can't decide!

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 21, 2013 8:57 am  #38

Lily wrote:

Denitely Molly. No - Mrs Hudson! No - Lestrade!

I can't decide!

I couldn´t say so either - I love them all .

March 26, 2013 1:06 am  #39

Mycroft is just such an excellent character and what they've done with the relationship between the two brothers is just inspired. Anyone who has ever had a sibling, older or younger can relate to that one, the bratty little brother who won't come into line or the bossy older brother who thinks he knows best. Awesome.

But Lestrade is great too. I love this series because while they've taken ACD as a starting point they've also kind of taken into account his Victorian discretion and the way he wrote and the fact that Watson wasn't always a reliable narrator with his hero worship of Holmes. This idea of Lestrade, who has risen to the top of his profession, as an uncharasmatic, stupid bungler has to be about as inaccurate in fact as the idea of Watson, who did manage to complete medical school, as an idiot and a buffoon. And so is Mrs Hudson though she's exactly as she should be really. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

March 26, 2013 1:46 am  #40

Can we have an 'All of the Above' button? I can't pick!

================================================================

Board footera