BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 25, 2012 12:05 am  #1

Late to the party, but happy to be here

Hello! So excited to be part of the forum - just stumbled onto the series by accident and I'm completely captivated. Can't bear the long wait ahead so I'm hoping to commiserate with like-minded people until the series starts again next year.

chloe

December 25, 2012 3:44 am  #2

Re: Late to the party, but happy to be here

You have certainly found the place for like minded people. Welcome. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 25, 2012 8:59 am  #3

Enjoy being here with us! Welcome, Chloe 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 25, 2012 11:22 am  #4

Welcome to the madness, Chloe, hope you'll have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 25, 2012 11:28 am  #5

Hello and welcome to the party. I've brought nibbles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 25, 2012 5:07 pm  #6

Thank you everyone! Hope the holidays include some Sherlock for all.

chloe

December 25, 2012 6:41 pm  #7

Hi and a warm welcome from Germany
This could belong to the "You know you are obsessed...." thread: "You know you are obsessed with Sherlock when it's Christmas but you are here again and again anyway." 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 25, 2012 6:59 pm  #8

You are so right! It's Christmas and my favorite part of the day will be settling in tonight to watch the series again. Obsessed is accurate, without a doubt.

chloe

December 28, 2012 1:13 pm  #9

Welcome, Chloe. It's really exciting to hear from someone who's new to the fandom and all things Sherlock and John. I hope you'll have a good time here, because I don't think there's a place you could find where more like-minded folks are gathered together.

Where in the world do you live?

December 28, 2012 2:18 pm  #10

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome, ancientsgate. Everyone is so lovely here. I live in San Francisco, California. And you?

December 28, 2012 8:30 pm  #11

Chloeulimia wrote:

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome, ancientsgate. Everyone is so lovely here. I live in San Francisco, California. And you?

I'm way over in the east, in NH, just north of Boston.

December 28, 2012 8:35 pm  #12

Wow - you must be seeing your share of the white stuff....is it crazy outside where you live?

chloe

December 28, 2012 8:45 pm  #13

Chloeulimia wrote:

Wow - you must be seeing your share of the white stuff....is it crazy outside where you live?
chloe

*smile* We had a couple of inches of rain yesterday, and the only snow we got fell after dark, and that only a half inch. My son, who lives 10 miles away, got 8 inches of snow, and his in-laws, who are about 30 miles from here, got 12. We really lucked out. More snow predicted for tomorrow and early Sunday, but supposedly only 1-3 inches. I live near the seacoast, and sometimes we do get rain instead of snow, but especially in January and February, we usually get hit like everyone else.

December 28, 2012 8:57 pm  #14

Ice storms? Do you get those? Treacherous. Anyway, since I've lived out here I've become a complete weather wuss. Are you a believer in climate change?

chloe

December 28, 2012 9:12 pm  #15

Chloeulimia wrote:

Ice storms? Do you get those? Treacherous. Anyway, since I've lived out here I've become a complete weather wuss. Are you a believer in climate change?
chloe

No, this is not a big ice storm area-- although 4 years ago in December we got hit hard with heavy rain followed by sudden freezing. Load of trees went down, and some of us were without power for a week or more because the trees took down power lines, and it took the utility companies forever to get it all fixed. But generally speaking, in New England, it's usually either rain or snow, thankfully. Ice is really dangerous.

December 29, 2012 2:29 am  #16

Chloeulimia wrote:

I live in San Francisco, California.

I've never been to San Francisco, always wanted to visit though. But, I have been to California and would love to live there. Here in Jersey our winters can be brutal and I am so over snow and cold.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

December 29, 2012 2:38 am  #17

I love it here. The only thing that is hard about it is the cost of living. Everything is pricey so you either have to come from money or have a really good job. Same as NYC. It's very liberal, too, so you have to be pretty open minded.

Suits me fine.

chloe

Board footera