BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2012 11:56 am  #1

US celebration Eggs Day?!

Today, apparently, is Eggs Benedict Day in the USA. Come on you American Sherlockians, how are you going to celebrate this auspicious occasion? We can included Canadians also, as I know you are partial to Eggs Benedict (Cumbrbatch) too! Lol

I've just celebrated in the UK with a slightly more boring, stiff upper lip British version, a.k.a. Poached eggs on toast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 17, 2012 12:46 pm  #2

Re: US celebration Eggs Day?!

Oh my God, I had poached eggs on toast this morning too! And I didn't even know it was Eggs Benedict day...what a complete coincidence!! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 17, 2012 12:51 pm  #3

Does Latin America count?

If so I'll have to swap the muffins for bread rolls and I hate preparing Hollandaise (Stinks!).

Scratch that, huevos con jamón en el pan con mostaza y mayonesa for a substitute.

Sounds posh but it's a roll with bacon and runny egg with a touch of mayo and mustard - Eggs Cumberbatch!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

April 17, 2012 1:10 pm  #4

I LOVE eggs. <3 In fact, eggs and Benedict are two of my favorite things. XD I'll definitely be having them for lunch today then. The eggs that is. ;P

@m0r1arty : That sounds so gooood. :O

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

April 17, 2012 4:45 pm  #5

42 and 221B, glad you clarified that!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 17, 2012 6:04 pm  #6

Eggs Benedict Day!  who knew?   Love the 'Eggs Cumberbatch' recipe!   Yes I will be celebrating.

April 17, 2012 7:17 pm  #7

@Davina : Well, I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong impression. xD

@jenosborn : Yes, celebrate with us all! :D I've already had my eggs for the day -- they were very tasty. <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

Board footera