BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 17, 2012 12:13 am  #1

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

**for those who haven't played this before...it's a fun game where everyone thinks of examples as to how they're obsessed. I'll give it a go first...**

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

You turn up the collar of your coat every time you put it on
You tell people they're seeing but not observing
Your friends/family get upset because they think you're being rude to them, but really you're just trying to talk more like Sherlock
When someone asks you to do something you don't want you say it's not your division

Your turn!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 17, 2012 1:40 am  #2

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

When you tell your friends that they are thinking to loudly
When you start saying things are Dull or Boring.

Sherlock Holmes: Shut up everybody, shut up! Don't move, don't speak, don't breathe, I'm trying to think. Anderson, face the other way, you're putting me off.

February 17, 2012 1:51 am  #3

You try putting another nicotine patch on to see if it helps you focus (Don't try it; I ripped it off in a big hurry!)
You start squatting on your armchair instead of sitting on it.
You start placing an open palm on doors to open them slowly instead of just using the handle. ( I open a lot of doors for work & realised I WAS doing that!)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 17, 2012 1:54 am  #4

kazza474 wrote:

You try putting another nicotine patch on to see if it helps you focus (Don't try it; I ripped it off in a big hurry!)
You start squatting on your armchair instead of sitting on it.
You start placing an open palm on doors to open them slowly instead of just using the handle. ( I open a lot of doors for work & realised I WAS doing that!)

hahahaha i did the patches thing too!! i stuck 7 on & felt very ill about 30mins later.... i didn't want a cig for days!!!

John Watson: [slowly, grudgingly.] That was amazing.
Sherlock Holmes: [deadpan.] You think so?
John Watson: Of course it was. It was extraordinary. It was quite... extraordinary.
Sherlock Holmes: That’s not what people normally say.
John Watson: What do people normally say?
Sherlock Holmes: "Piss off!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 17, 2012 9:10 pm  #5

When you're scared to get into a cab in case it's being driven by a psychopath

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 17, 2012 9:17 pm  #6

When your friends start calling u rude, and I don't eat during the day when I study XD
I talk more like him and have even started sititing on a coach talking to myself

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

February 17, 2012 10:12 pm  #7

When you add the London tube fons to your office's computer so you can have secret fun when writing address labels and letters.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 18, 2012 3:10 am  #8

When you find yourslef walking like John (I do it this when I wear my Sherlock Holmes jacket for some reason)
When you find yourself on the couch more often. (I have one in my room and hardly use it and now I find myself on it more.)

Sherlock Holmes: Shut up everybody, shut up! Don't move, don't speak, don't breathe, I'm trying to think. Anderson, face the other way, you're putting me off.

February 18, 2012 4:53 pm  #9

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

You turn up the collar of your coat every time you put it on

I've always done that!

Wind is why - but....still!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

February 18, 2012 8:00 pm  #10

You cannot put a scarf on without tying it the same way as Sherlock.
You say you will make someone into shoes if they are lying to you.
You randomly say 'I'll burn you' when cooking!
You keep humming the theme music.
You start drinking black coffee with two sugars.
You start hearing 'punch me' in the subtext- surprisingly easy with some people!
You spend a ridiculous amount of time working out how he could survive that fall.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 18, 2012 8:21 pm  #11

Davina wrote:

You cannot put a scarf on without tying it the same way as Sherlock.

How does he tie it? I tried doing it today but couldn't do it!

February 18, 2012 8:29 pm  #12

1. Fold it very accurately in half
2. Wrap it around your neck
3. Put the two loose ends of the scarf through the looped end
4. Pull it tight- but not so tight that you strangle yourself!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 18, 2012 10:27 pm  #13

*sigh*
Like I live in a climate where we ever wear a scarf... NOT!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 18, 2012 10:32 pm  #14

Davina wrote:

1. Fold it very accurately in half
2. Wrap it around your neck
3. Put the two loose ends of the scarf through the looped end
4. Pull it tight- but not so tight that you strangle yourself!

Thought so...I think I need a longer scarf...

February 19, 2012 7:12 am  #15

You buy a skull you can talk to when you feel lonely.
You try to convince all your friends that Sherlock is cool.
Every time someone says "moriarty" you yell "WHERE!"
You are planning to move to London, preferably 221B baker street.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

February 19, 2012 11:01 am  #16

When someone asks you for your address, you find it hard not to say 221B Baker Street.

February 19, 2012 11:11 am  #17

Actually, I've got a 221B sticker on my flatdoor... 
My real house number is, sadly, 245.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 19, 2012 12:34 pm  #18

You have a knife stabbed through your post on the mantelpiece.
You look at people more carefully to look for clues so you know more about them.
You start collecting riding crops, even though you have no horse.
You have a Sherlock related ringtone on your phone.
You start calling your mobile (cell phone) a 'camera-phone.'
You lick the inside of sweet wrappers to see if they have been poisoned.
You call all hats with ears 'ear hats' or 'death frisbies'.
You spend a ridiculous amount of time following Sherlock sites on the Internet )

February 19, 2012 12:42 pm  #19

Davina wrote:

You lick the inside of sweet wrappers to see if they have been poisoned.

LOL

You start keeping "experiments" in your fridge

February 19, 2012 12:56 pm  #20

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

LOL

You start keeping "experiments" in your fridge

Oh I have been doing that for decades! It's called 'not cleaning the leftovers in the fridge out'.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera