BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 11, 2012 12:44 am  #1

Whatever happened to...?

I've notice the absence of a few members who used to be regular posters. I'm wondering if I missed something in" post your absence" or if someone changed his/her user name. Just off the top of my head, I haven't seen anything lately from Tantalus, DramaGod, or m0r1arty.

If you're lurking out there, know we miss you!

August 11, 2012 8:12 am  #2

Re: Whatever happened to...?

Good of you to ask, Veecee, I wondered about them, too.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 11, 2012 1:55 am  #3

Me too. Anyone got any updates on them? Should we all spam their PM boxes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 11, 2012 5:57 am  #4

I have been in touch with Tantalus and he says hi. Real life, family and farm take his time up. He may pop back on if things quieten down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 11, 2012 6:20 am  #5

Cool. And DramaGod I noticed is back. So just m0r1arty we have lost track of

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 11, 2012 8:50 pm  #6

And Molly is back, too!

Dav - say hi to Tanty for us!

October 11, 2012 8:56 pm  #7

I will do. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 5, 2012 5:33 am  #8

Well everything seems accounted for

Thanks for thinking of me veecee!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 5, 2012 7:39 am  #9

What about you, Veecee? 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 5, 2012 8:08 am  #10

I think the absence thread is a good idea, if you know that you'll be absent. If I'm, (for some weird reason ), not interested in this forum anymore or if I have to much other stuff to do, I probably won't post at all.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 5, 2012 8:14 am  #11

That's true. But as we can see from M0riarty and Irene there are people coming back after many months. 

December 5, 2012 7:44 pm  #12

SusiGo wrote:

That's true. But as we can see from M0riarty and Irene there are people coming back after many months. 

Yes, and in some cases (like mine) it's not lack of interest in the forum, but impossibility because of "real life" stuff...

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

December 5, 2012 7:52 pm  #13

I'm not likely to post in an absence thread for similar reasons Irene.

Events come up and require my attention until they are concluded.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

December 5, 2012 8:51 pm  #14

Wow, m0r - I must say, it's great to have you back! I really missed your input. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 6, 2012 8:24 am  #15

M0r is back! YAY!

December 6, 2012 9:04 am  #16

SusiGo wrote:

That's not what I meant, I meant that I just wouldn't announce that I can't (or don't want to write) at the moment (anymore).I just would pop in when I have the time or the interest again.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

December 6, 2012 9:43 am  #17

Ivy wrote:

That's not what I meant, I meant that I just wouldn't announce that I can't (or don't want to write) at the moment (anymore).I just would pop in when I have the time or the interest again.

That is true, and of course you don't have to exuse yourself every time you leave for a while or don't feel like posting, this is not a club after all.
But sometimes you might not even notice that you are not posting much lately, or you don't think anyone has noticed your absence, and then this thread can help. If you see that are being missed, you can give a reason, or let us know if and when you'll be back. Of course, if someone has genuinely gone for good, they won't read this thread, and then we'll never know why they left.

Btw, just to explain my own situation, I come here every day and read the newest threads, but if I have nothing in particular to add, I won't post. So people might not "see" me for a while, unless they keep a keen eye on the "members online" notice at the bottom of the page. But I am there, in the background, watching...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

December 6, 2012 10:29 am  #18

I think this is the first ever message board where a thread is created to wonder about members who haven't posted in awhile. And I think that's really sweet. I do check this place pretty much daily, I just don't post that much. But it's sweet of you to notice. Aww...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

December 6, 2012 10:31 am  #19

I do keep thinking of you, Drama 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 6, 2012 10:42 am  #20

Harriet wrote:

I do keep thinking of you, Drama 

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq6tW6792ss

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

Board footera