BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 4, 2012 8:16 am  #21

Re: Sherlock Planning John's Bucks Night

Davina wrote:

............... and Mycroft will end driving a gypsy caravan with horses down a country lane.

Will there be an assistant sitting on the back of the wagon texting on her blackberry?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

December 4, 2012 11:44 am  #22

I would think so. She can also help groom the horse!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 3, 2013 10:16 pm  #23

it is a cringeworthy thought really, isn't it? All of it...

I guess sherlock would go for a party-by-numbers approach based on what he'd actually like. But I can't work out what that would actually be. My best guess has Mrs Hudson masterminding the whole thing and prompting Sherlock to try to take an interest but quite obviously failing.

Also, yk, John seems to have surprisingly few friends really and all of them through Sherlock except Mike Stanford.

Oh but I have just realised-might we then see Harry? (I know stag nights are traditionally male but...or maybe we'd see her at the bride's hen night?). Harry is played by Catherine Tate isn't she? That's not at all controversial ;-)

If its any consolation stag nights are far from universal in the UK, I wouldn't assume he had to have one, loads of people don't nowadays.

Last edited by beekeeper (April 3, 2013 10:16 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock Holmes "The question is, has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?"
John Watson : "To be fair, that is quite a wide field"

The Hounds of Baskerville

April 3, 2013 10:40 pm  #24

beekeeper wrote:

I guess sherlock would go for a party-by-numbers approach based on what he'd actually like. But I can't work out what that would actually be. My best guess has Mrs Hudson masterminding the whole thing and prompting Sherlock to try to take an interest but quite obviously failing.

I could absolutely picture Mrs Hudson doing all the planning because Sherlock would be too distracted with some case. Then I could imagine everyone sitting around but Sherlock running out to solve some crime and John following, leaving everyone else there twiddling their thumbs.

Lestrade would probably organise a good buck's night. Sherlock not so much.

================================================================

January 22, 2014 12:48 am  #25

Haha this prediction came true! But was not nearly as exciting as Davina's scenario involving Mycroft in a carriage & Sherlock hunting for leprechauns

January 22, 2014 6:45 am  #26

I was thinking of this the other day.
Sadly, I was totally wrong.
I still consider stag nights(as we call them) the lowest form of life...

Last edited by besleybean (January 22, 2014 6:45 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 22, 2014 2:16 pm  #27

*picturing Sherlock drunk*

Can't Stop Giggling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 22, 2014 5:42 pm  #28

Hate drunks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 22, 2014 5:53 pm  #29

Well, I don't see what you can do about it, besley. No point complaining about it now! 

I think the stag night was fantastic!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 22, 2014 6:00 pm  #30

I had said perviously I did enjoy the scene, it was done very well...but I could have lived without it!

January 22, 2014 6:05 pm  #31

The only question I have about John's stag night is: where were the rest of his friends?

January 22, 2014 6:09 pm  #32

Yep, my obvious question, too.
Sherlock maybe thought he could better control just John!

February 10, 2014 10:18 pm  #33

I was surprised Lestrade was not part of the stag pub crawl.
I would have thought that Janine would have organized a fabulous, funny, outrageous hen night for Mary, but I don't recall it was even mentioned.

February 11, 2014 6:41 am  #34

So did Mary know she was pregnant?!

February 13, 2014 2:09 am  #35

besleybean wrote:

So did Mary know she was pregnant?!

I don't think so. She looked as shocked as John at Sherlock's little deduction.

================================================================

Board footera