BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 23, 2012 1:44 am  #21

Re: Does anybody have a coat like Sherlock's?

A jumper?
(sweater)

October 23, 2012 7:21 am  #22

Maybe that nice little number (jacket)  with the arm/shoulder patches.Not that one with the weird string! Makes him look a bit like the scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 23, 2012 6:21 pm  #23

Haha, bits of string...lol

The coat is getting its first outing this Friday at the MCM Expo in London. I'll try to get a couple of pictures...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

October 23, 2012 6:26 pm  #24

What's that?
My daughters's at the Excel centre this weekend, for the Anime Expo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 23, 2012 6:26 pm  #25

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Haha, bits of string...lol

The coat is getting its first outing this Friday at the MCM Expo in London. I'll try to get a couple of pictures...

What is the MCM Expo and, yes, pictures.

October 23, 2012 6:28 pm  #26

So that's 2 of us who don't know!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 26, 2012 3:45 pm  #27

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

So, I bought one of those Sherlock replica coats off the internet - the ones where they custom make it to your size. I love it so much!!

Woa, that's awesome. Out of curiousity, how much would one of those cost?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

October 27, 2012 2:52 am  #28

That is incredibly delicious SH!!!!! Jealous!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

November 5, 2012 8:31 pm  #29

MCM Expo is the same thing as the Anime Expo.  . MCM stands for Movies Comics Media...

This particular coat cost £150 but the replica models range from £90 to £180 in price.

Pics coming soon...

November 5, 2012 11:32 pm  #30

Your coat looks wonderful... I'm going through a few of the replicas available on ebay and such right now, it's tricky as there's lots about and lots of opinions so I'd be very interested to find out where you bought yours from and if you asked for any alterations or modifications! Your coat looks really cool coz it looks like the pockets and vertical pockets are more or less in the right position which i have noticed is a hard thing to find! If you could post some more pics and maybe a link to where you got it i'm sure you'll make lots of people very happy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What it must be like in your funny little brains, it must be so boring!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 10, 2012 10:34 pm  #31

OK, so as promised, here are some pictures and some more information about the coat. I got it off eBay. The listing is still up here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320909570015?var=510065180634&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I didn't ask them to make any particular alterations, but when I got it, I noticed the length didn't come to the same place on my leg as it did on Sherlock's, so I took it to a local tailors and got it adjusted slightly.

Anyway, last night my cousin came over and I got him to take some pics of me in my Sherlock cosplay. SH182 - you mentioned the pockets...well, I made sure I took a shot of me with my hands in the pockets, just to show that they are indeed pretty spot on! There are also two pockets beneath those ones, so 4 pockets in total on the outside, and one very deep inside pocket.

Hands in pockets:

Opening door - I did this one so you could all see the detail on the back, which is one of my favourite features:

And finally, just a random one where I'm playing with my phone. :-)

November 11, 2012 4:52 pm  #32

I love the pic of the back! The others are good too. 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 11, 2012 4:54 pm  #33

They're all good, but the last one's actually my fave.

November 28, 2012 4:26 pm  #34

Excellent! Thanks for the photos I do hope you're going post some really good quality ones soon too. It looks great... just checked out the link you sent that buyer is no longer offering the Sherlock coat but i've found a company that is going to attempt to work with me on accurate details to get the best I can so i'd be interested in comparing photos of yours with what they can do. Can you maybe get some pictures of the fabric up close and maybe some detail shots of the pockets and the back? Thanks! I'm glad you're happy with it!

November 28, 2012 10:51 pm  #35

I have a really cool coat kinda like Sherlock's only it's brown... I'm currently talking with a company that is going to do me a cheap replica but we'll see how that goes......

I think everyone should take pictures and post them! Scarf optional! hehe

November 29, 2012 12:22 am  #36

I have a Sherlock look-alike but I want to get a more authentic looking one sometime soon. And of course, I have a blue scarf and the leather gloves are on my Christmas list.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 29, 2012 9:21 am  #37

I have a long, black wool coat which I *love* (seriously: our children will be beautiful.) And for the price of a Belstaff I could probably buy about 12 of these coats. It's the little half belt at the back. It gets me every time

It's beautiful to wear and it makes me feel amazing every time I do but sadly nothing like the Belstaff... I think I'd look ridiculous in an identical coat. I'd be exceedingly self-conscious wearing it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

December 1, 2012 9:27 pm  #38

I have a coat, which I had bought before I had watched Sherlock. It isn't black, long and it's cut quite girly. I plan on resewing the topper button hole so it's red and of course the Sherlock scarf doesn't miss.
Our weather allows me to wear my coat and scarf all the time.
Many people think the blue scarf and the black coat don't match but they're just ignorant!

December 7, 2012 7:48 pm  #39

Just to keep anyone updated... I have now just this minute sent my accurate measurements and detailed action plan to my tailor for my Sherlock coat commission. *thumbs up* I'll keep everyone posted as to its progress. If anyone else has one let us know, show us! Gotta love that coat.

December 20, 2012 3:43 pm  #40

I have one that's kinda like Sherlock's, but it's a lighter color and not nearly as long, it stops just above my knees. One day I'll get a longer one. It does have a collar that I always keep up. But my cousin is getting me a blue scarf for Christmas, so I'll look more like Sherlock soon.

Last edited by Jayie (December 20, 2012 3:44 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

Board footera