BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 21, 2012 10:55 am  #1

Deerstalker signed by Benedict at auction

This deerstalker which is signed by Benedict is up for auction with abonhams auctioneers. The auction takes place on December 12th at 12.00 GMT. Guide price: £300-600; €380-750; $480-950.
Further details here:

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19801/lot/140/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 21, 2012 11:18 am  #2

Re: Deerstalker signed by Benedict at auction

Not my division, finance-wise.  But what about a nice signed tee or purple shirt at an affordable price?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2012 12:49 pm  #3

Benedict has given the hat in order to help a friend to pay for his training as an actor:

http://www.sherlockology.com/news/2012/11/21/signed-deerstalker-auction-14112012

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2012 2:52 pm  #4

SusiGo wrote:

Not my division, finance-wise.  But what about a nice signed tee or purple shirt at an affordable price?

My husband offered yesterday to sign a hat for me. I'm sure he'll do that for you, too. "At an affordable price." 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 21, 2012 5:19 pm  #5

That's really cool of Benedict to do that for a friend. I would love to own the funny little hat, but it's out of my financial league as well.    Hope it goes to a good home though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

November 21, 2012 8:51 pm  #6

We could just get our own deerstalkers and pretend they're signed. What happens if the signature rubs off?!?!?! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 21, 2012 9:01 pm  #7

Actually I don't like the deerstalker at all. I think it's ugly even if it's a classic. I'd prefer a signed tee or purple shirt. 

November 21, 2012 9:03 pm  #8

Death frisbee...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 21, 2012 9:04 pm  #9

...or braces.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 21, 2012 9:05 pm  #10

Exactly. 

November 21, 2012 9:10 pm  #11

On braces he could sign his whole address. And hobbies.
Edit: And phone number. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (November 21, 2012 9:11 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 21, 2012 9:15 pm  #12

Mattlocked wrote:

On braces he could sign his whole address. And hobbies.
Edit: And phone number. 

LOL Excellent idea.

November 22, 2012 12:01 am  #13

Brilliant - the same auction is also offering Captain Jack Harkness's office bedroom hatch door in Lot 153.

*shakes head*

Board footera