BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2012 8:06 am  #1

Sherlock Tea

Yes, you can now get Sherlock inspired tea bags:

http://www.adagio.com/sherlock/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 30, 2012 2:54 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Tea

Oh, my, what a wonderful website, and an artisnal tea company--perfect.

I'll take the "Watson", please.

How about a thread devoted to tea?

My favorite is Earl Grey, steeped for exactly 5 minutes, but it must be from London. My 8-year-old son and I drink it sweetened with honey. Makes for a great bonding time for us--one of the simple yet profound pleasures of life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 30, 2012 3:04 pm  #3

I drink PG tips like most people drink coffee here. My mother once tried it and gagged and spit because it was so strong, so now I call it my industrial strength tea. I love Earl Grey too but it's hard to get good stuff. I dislike Twinnings because they package each tea bag individually, although sometimes they're the only way to go.

I'm almost thinking about buying Sherlock right now. I love Lapsang Souchong, although my mother thinks it smells like bacon. Every time I make it she walks into the kitchen half asleep and says "Since when do we have bacon in the house?" XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

May 30, 2012 3:12 pm  #4

Sadly, we do actually have a thread devoted to tea. Yes really! If you go to the Other topics in The Diogenes Club you will see a thread from Jim Moriarty (appropriately) all about it. Just had a cuppa myself!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 30, 2012 3:16 pm  #5

Sadly? Is that testimony to the fact that we'll discuss absolutely anything, or that more people are unaware that such a delightful thread already exists? : )

Going there now...

May 30, 2012 5:48 pm  #6

Probably more the former! But also a sprinkle of the latter! Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 7, 2012 4:09 pm  #7

November 12, 2012 11:03 pm  #8

November 13, 2012 6:57 am  #9

Oh, they're looking very good. Would be hard choose between Sherlock and Heart and Mind though. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 13, 2012 7:24 pm  #10

My aunt is flying to London today, and has promised to bring me back lots of Earl Grey. I can hardly contain my excitement! I've yet to find tea here in the States that compares to the tea from London. Yippee!

November 13, 2012 8:04 pm  #11

You mean you have to live in the States without Earl Grey?
I don't drink tea very often, but when I do, that is my choice.
What did the Boston tea party achieve?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 13, 2012 8:48 pm  #12

Oh, we have Earl Grey, and even companies like Twinings that claim to be from London, but it's not the same. Every time I get tea straight from "The Motherland", it is so much fresher and more fragrant. I don't know what the difference is, but it's clearly different.

As for the tea party, well, let's just let bygones be bygones, shall we? 

November 13, 2012 8:53 pm  #13

You were the winners!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 13, 2012 10:29 pm  #14

Earl Grey is my favourite special tea. The Earl had good taste!

November 15, 2012 4:32 pm  #15

Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your phorum. I too am an aspiring phorum phorumger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any points for rookie phorum writers? I'd definitely appreciate it. Wish you luck!

November 15, 2012 11:45 pm  #16

Hi, welcome here! We have a place where you can introduce yourself, and also a place where to find answers for technical forum problems.
Also, feel free to ask. We all were beginners at one time...
Looking forward to hearing from you! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 3, 2015 12:30 pm  #17

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 4, 2015 10:55 am  #18

Wahou...I want it !!!  So beautiful ! 

July 5, 2015 9:05 pm  #19

Of course, for the proper Sherlock tea, one neccessary ingredient must be added after tea is brewed:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 5, 2015 9:07 pm  #20

Urrgh     

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera