BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 1, 2012 12:09 am  #41

Re: Fan art

Justlike - that pumpkin is awesome!  You've got talent! Happy Halloween.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 1, 2012 1:13 am  #42

It took about 4 hours, but it would have taken much less time if I'd had anything other than a kitchen knife and a chopstick to do it with. XD
And thank you both. Happy halloween to you too! 

Here's a better photo of the pumpkin

November 1, 2012 2:35 am  #43

Did you use a pattern/matrix or are you free-carving?

November 1, 2012 3:22 am  #44

That's amazing; good job!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

November 1, 2012 8:03 am  #45

Luna that is wonderful! What patience that must have taken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 1, 2012 11:31 am  #46

Wow! Brilliant! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

November 1, 2012 11:59 am  #47

The Doctor wrote:

Did you use a pattern/matrix or are you free-carving?

I used a pattern, though I drew it onto the pumpkin free-hand, not using it at a stencil. I'm definitely not at the stage of being able to carve it free-hand yet.

And thank you! So glad people like it 

November 1, 2012 12:17 pm  #48

Wow, Luna, what a piece of art! Can you preserve it somehow? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 1, 2012 12:44 pm  #49

SusiGo wrote:

Wow, Luna, what a piece of art! Can you preserve it somehow? 

Sadly, not really. I can make it last for a week if I soak it in bleach, but I'm not sure that's worth it. I'm just going to take more photos, and then I'll do another different one next year!

November 1, 2012 1:28 pm  #50

That - was - amazing, Luna! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 1, 2012 1:33 pm  #51

Wow, that's really amazing! Put it in front of your house and masses of fans will visit you! 
Too sad that it's impossible to preserve. Maybe a family tin of hairspray? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 1, 2012 2:22 pm  #52

Can you get some digital wallpaper done of one of the photos?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 8, 2012 8:17 am  #53

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 8, 2012 5:30 pm  #54

Love!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 9, 2012 3:37 pm  #55

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 9, 2012 8:53 pm  #56

This is rude but funny!

November 9, 2012 9:12 pm  #57

SusiGo wrote:

What's rude?  It's true, isn't it! 

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

November 9, 2012 9:14 pm  #58

Glad I didn't hurt your sensibilities.

November 9, 2012 9:22 pm  #59

The last one is definitely an AG 'thud' moment! 

November 9, 2012 9:28 pm  #60

Now we know finally what Aggie looks like in front of her computer - or on the floor. 

Board footera