BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2012 7:21 am  #1

Benedict Cumberbatch on Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy Venice 2011

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 5, 2012 2:24 am  #2

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch on Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy Venice 2011

Managed, finally, to see TTSS in the plane whilst flying to the land of Maple Syrup. I really enjoyed the film as a whole. Gary Oldman was brilliant as George Smiliey as was Colin Firth and Benedict played Peter Guillaum (sic) with compassion for the character and was so utterly different fro his Sherlock character, especially his hair! What I particularly liked about this film is the way in which it is utterly faithful to the original John Le Carre novel. The costuming, sets and props including such things as the cars were perfect. Also the pace was delicious, as strange word to use I know but we Brits are very good at avoiding unnecessary cheap thrills in such a film as this, which would have been totally out of synch with the original had it rushed along with snappy camera-work. It is good to see a film that assumes a level of intelligence from its audience and does not attempt any dumbing down.

If you have not yet had a chance to see this film I recommend you do so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera