BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 9, 2012 12:38 pm  #1

Free Kindle Books

For those of you who have a Kindle (did I mention...) there are a couple of sites that list free Kindle books available on Amazon -

www.ereaderiq.com You subscribe, select the categories you want and get sent a email each day. Some days I download nothing, other days I download a couple. I haven't found any works of genius yet, but, hey, the books are free.

http://onehundredfreebooks.com/ I found Persuasion by Jane Austen for free there today. It was previously $2.50 which isn't a huge sum, I know, but she has been dead since 1817, so doesn't need the money.

If I come across any great books like Persuasion I will post here to let you know. If you haven;t read Persuasion, I can highly, highly recommend it. It is my fav Austen after Pride & Prejudice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

October 9, 2012 12:48 pm  #2

Re: Free Kindle Books

I studied Persuasion for A Level at school. It is very good. For O level we studied Northanger Abbey, which takes the mickey out of the a Gothic novel genre. This is worth reading too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 9, 2012 2:00 pm  #3

I just downloaded this from Amazon, sounds a bit like Janet Evanovich. I don't know how long it will be free, so don't wait too long to check it out. Sorry, the direct link wouldn't post.

The Serena Wilcox Mysteries: Books 1, 2 & 3 [Kindle Edition]

Last edited by hepzibah (October 9, 2012 2:03 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

October 9, 2012 6:24 pm  #4

You have a Kindle?!

October 9, 2012 6:35 pm  #5

LOL

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 10, 2012 3:20 pm  #6

veecee wrote:

You have a Kindle?!

Yes, didn't I ever mention it? Well, let me tell you all about it... 

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

October 10, 2012 6:53 pm  #7

November 6, 2013 11:38 pm  #8

I found a brilliant book on there called The Rockstar's Daughter in the Treadwell Acadamy series. It is really good, and it is free! I highly reccommend it.

"I'm not a phycopath, Anderson, I'm a high- funcioning sociopath, do your research."

Board footera