BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 2, 2012 8:22 am  #21

Re: Roleplay Practice

Mrs Hudson, not wanting to miss out on the story, quietly went into the kitchen to put the kettle on. She got down the tea pot and opened the tin of tea, almost crying aloud at whatever Sherlock had stored in there. She looked around for another tin of tea but couldn't see one, so found herself standing rather foolishly in the middle of the kitchen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 2, 2012 8:23 am  #22

Hopkins rolled his eyes, Lestrade had warned him Sherlock would be smug about this problem.
"Well thank you for your time Mr Holmes, we are very grateful. Now to give you the facts." He paused wondering how to present the problem to Holmes without making the force seem incompetent.
" It seems we have 'misplaced' one of our Sergeants. Watching the CCTV footage we have seen her come into the foyer at Scotland Yard but having perused all footage from all exits, we cannot see that she has left the building. This 'disappearance' occurred three days ago however it her absence was only noticed yesterday when a fellow officer asked of her whereabouts."

Hopkins was flushed, there was no easy way to deliver those lines so he had just spat them out in one big breath.
He sat slowly into the armchair trying not to meet eyes with Sherlock.

The distant sound of a deep set chortle could be heard from the opposite chair. Further away he heard the clatter of a quickly placed cup & saucer on the table.

His eyes stayed fixed on Mrs Hudson, the most probable kindly face in the room at the time/

Last edited by kazza474 (April 2, 2012 8:25 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 2, 2012 10:44 am  #23

Sherlock was finding it hard to hold back the laughter at the apparent incompetence of Scotland Yard, although he had to admit it all sounded rather interesting. He did love a good mystery.

"I'll need to see the footage of course. And I'll need full access to the station - every single room and corridor."

Mrs Hudson came over with a tray of tea and he picked up a cup for himself, taking a sip before glancing over at John.

"I see you got out of making the tea again."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 2, 2012 10:53 am  #24

"Well certainly the footage is available to you sir. Will you be able to come to The Yard to view it? " Hopkins sat wondering if he should take a cup of tea also, he was parched.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 2, 2012 11:32 am  #25

Sherlock noticed the Inspector eyeing up the tea.

"Please do," he indicated with a wave of his hand.

"Yes I'll come immediately, although I expect you'd rather I got dressed first."

Sherlock put down his tea then sprang from the chair with a sudden rush of energy and began to make his way over to his bedroom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 2, 2012 11:35 am  #26

Hopkins selected a cup and sipped it slowly while waiting for Sherlock to get ready. He was relieved after having heard a story about Holmes at the Palace. It may have been awkward walking into The Yard  with him otherwise attired.
He looked around and enquired " I was wondering, would you by chance have a biscuit at all Mrs Hudson?"

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

April 2, 2012 11:58 am  #27

Mrs Hudson looked at DI Hopkins with something like empathy mixed with exasperation. What is it with these boys all assuming she was the housekeeper? Her foray into tea making in Sherlock's kitchen made her rather hesitant to seek out biscuits in there.

"Of course I can rustle up something. You poor thing, you look positively exhausted. I'm sure Sherlock will be able to help. I'll just go see what I can find in my kitchen, shall I?"

She smiled at Hopkins and walked stiffly down the stairs - her hip really was bothing her this evening. She knew she had some lovely fresh tarts in the fridge - that should do nicely. She put some out on a nice china plate and headed back upstairs.

"Here you are, dear. Help yourself"

Last edited by Wholocked (April 2, 2012 12:00 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 2, 2012 12:04 pm  #28

"Oh lovely thanks Mrs Hudson. So how do you cope being their housekeeper and all?"

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

April 2, 2012 3:52 pm  #29

John ignored Sherlock and his less-than-appropriate attire. He might have been inwardly amused had it not been for the fact that his laptop was still open reminding him that he was still annoyed with Sherlock. He retrieved his notepad and searched for a writing tool of some sort amongst the cluttered table. He grabbed a small pencil from under the newsprint and wrote "Missing Scotland Yard Employee" in bold letters.

"So, when exactly was she last seen?"

[*grins* Er, can someone tell me which canon story we are doing? I haven't read them all! Or I don't mind giving up John if someone else wants to give him a shot!]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moriarty: "How hard do you find it? Having to say 'I don't know' ?"
Sherlock: "I don't know."
Moriarty: "Oh that's clever, that's very clever, awfully clever."

April 2, 2012 3:58 pm  #30

(( It's OK...I have no idea what canon story we're doing either...that's why I'm hiding in the bedroom and taking a long time to get dressed...Joke, I'll be out in a minute...but I still have no idea what's going on... ))

April 2, 2012 6:13 pm  #31

[You made me LOL for real! ;D I'm sure somebody will point us in the right direction soon!]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 2, 2012 10:34 pm  #32

((Pretty sure it's not a canon story. Just roll with it. Hopkins is a canon character but the story can be anything we want...that's the beauty of it))

Mrs Hudson sighed heavily.

"I'm not their housekeeper, Mr Hopkins, but really, if I didn't help out around here I can't imagine the state it would end up in. If you're finished with your tea I'll just take this back into the kitchen for you."

April 2, 2012 10:41 pm  #33

"Yes quite finished thanks Mrs Hudson." he smiled sheepishly wishing he never made the housekeeper remark.
He turned to Sherlock's closed bedroom door.
"Mr Holmes shall I go on ahead and expect you at The Yard soon?" Talking to a closed door was like talking to Anderson, an image of a brick wall came to mind.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

April 2, 2012 10:52 pm  #34

Sherlock emerged from the bedroom now wearing his favourite purple shirt, black jacket and trousers.

"You go on ahead Inspector," he said as he grabbed his scarf and coat. "John and I will get a cab. You are coming aren't you John?"

He glanced across at the Doctor, who was just finishing off scribbling some notes in his pad.

April 3, 2012 5:32 pm  #35

"Yes, yes of course I'm coming," said John quickly. He took one last look at his laptop on the table and mumbled under his breath, "But we are not done discussing your constant invasion of my privacy, Sherlock."

April 3, 2012 8:45 pm  #36

Sherlock heard the remark, but chose to overlook it...for now. There would be plenty of time for tormenting his flatmate later. Right now they had something exciting to do. Feeling the thrill of the game coarsing through his veins, Sherlock took the steps two at a time and bolted out of the door, instantly managing to hail a passing taxi cab.

Within seconds him and John were in the back of the cab heading to Scotland Yard. Sherlock was still grinning to himself at the blundering police force. He had already managed to form four possible theories but it was impossible to determine too much more without seeing the footage. He was pleased when they finally arrived at the station, eager to find out more. They made their way to the front desk and asked for Inspector Hopkins.

April 4, 2012 6:05 am  #37

Hopkins walked up the stairs fully aware of the mrs. Hudson following close behind. What he had to tell sherlock shouldn't be over heard by other people.
He opened the door to find sherlock and john glaring at each other from one side of the room.
"Mr. Holmes"

" Yes sit down I am sure my friend john watson can get your a drink"

" Friend? " I said confused as I didn't think sherlock had any friends according to my sources.

"Associate" he mumbled and walked off.

( Sorry for jumping in but I was really enjoying this )

If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

April 4, 2012 6:48 am  #38

Sherlock sat down in a large high backed office and began to swing it round and round in circles like a child.

"Now Hopkins. The CCTV footage. Show it to me." He demanded.

April 4, 2012 10:30 pm  #39

John was about to ask Sherlock to show a bit of decorum and sit still... but what was the point? Compared to visiting Buckingham Palace half-naked--this was nothing. He smiled at the memory. Sherlock did get away with a lot, didn't he?

April 5, 2012 12:43 am  #40

Hopkins tried his best to ignore the figure spinning on the chair and went over to the controls to show the CCTV recording. As he did so he said, 'The footage starts with Sergeant Gill Tuson entering the building. That's her there, in the mac.'

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera